If you have not managed to completely beat Kadex at Usa’Rya, then you are in for a nasty surprise. In this guide, we will see how to defeat Kadex who has boarded the Baleful Edict in Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters.
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Daemonhunters Boss Guide for Kadex at the Baleful Edict
Kadex and his minions, the Plague Marines, might have taken you and your squad a couple of tries till you could successfully take him down, but that battle is far from over. Here we will see how to beat Kadex at the Baleful Edict in Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters.
Read More: Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Daemonhunters – Boss Guide for Malathian the Harvester
Kadex returns, vengeful than ever, as he tries to takeover Libris and destroys the Codex Toxicus with his team of Plague Marines and Blightlords. No one is safe from his hands, not even Inquisitor Vakir, who he plans to assassinate. When his Plague Cruiser barrels start to attack your ship, you will know it is time to bring down the Daemon Prince of the Nurgles.
Kadex will appear only after you have beaten any three Reapers in the game. This is when you will have to be prepared for his Plague invasion onto your ship. His health now tops at 82, but every other stat of his remains the same. His move set remains the same but deals twice the damage than earlier.
Kadex’s Attacks, Powers, Auto Abilities, and Passives
- Malefic Talon: Any adjacent Knight to Kadex will be dealt 6 Damage
- Bell Staff: Any Knight at Range 10 will be dealt 6 damage and Blind for 3 turns with Kadex’s staff. His staff also deals with Armor Pierce.
- Empowered Leap: AoE attack that launches Kadex in the air and lands within Range 10, applying Knockback on landing.
- Malignant Evolution: Any Knight at Range 10 will be fired at, and it can go up to Blast Area 4. It will deal 4 damage to any Knight hit, and will also have Hobbled applied on them for one turn.
- Cursed Bond: Any Knight within Range 14 will take 5 damage when Kadex takes a hit. This lasts one turn.
- Malign Teleportation: Any Knight within Range 14 will be teleported out of position.
- Cloud of Flies: Any ally within Area 2 will take -2 Damage from all ranged attacks. Applies to Kadex also
- Foul Reflection: If attacked, will teleport to any random location. Kadex will also summon four clones of himself to take his place.
Stratagems and Equipment
- Gate of Infinity
You will be dealing with Kadex not with your squad, but with Inquisitor Vakir instead. This makes the fight more difficult to pass, as she has negligible damage output. Luckily, she can use Crazed, which Kadex is prone to, and use it against him. Kadex can also be afflicted with Vulnerable, Burn, Bleed, and Enraged. But unlike last time, he will be assisted by Plague Marines and Blightlord Terminators, three of each. Their load-outs are stronger than what Vakir can handle.
Luckily, you are not alone, as for the next four turns, at every turn, a Grey Knight will appear at any one of the four doors. The Knights who will aid you will be at random, and the doors they enter from will be random too. Even if your Knights are not well equipped, you can use Quicksilver to gain +2 AP to help you in attacks, while Gates of Infinity can work on Vakir to transport her elsewhere.
When the first starts, at stage one, do not engage with Kadex. Rather, you should make Vakir flee as far away from him as possible, leaving 1 AP to help her teleport. Using a full cover will help her survive as well. For stage two, keep your distance as much as possible, even using the Libris’s upper portion for cover. For any Knight that comes through, make them deal the damage, as any damage is better than no damage. It doesn’t only have to be melee, but can be ranged attacks as well. This will make Kadex create his clones, but at least he will not target Vakir. Your focus should be only on Kadex at this point, as once he is down, the battle will be over.
If the clones gather in a cluster, use an AoE attack to dispel them. By this time you should have your whole team intact and ready to take him down. Once you spot the real Kadex, use Gates of Infinity on your Knights to get them close to him, and Quicksilver and Honor the Chapter on one powerful Knight you have. Start with melee Knights, then work your way towards ranged attacks. Your ultimate aim is to unleash all the AP and WP attacks you have gathered from your Knights and Vakir and use them all on Kadex in one round. If you have been target attacking him from the beginning, it would be easier to bring him down, earning you a victory.
That’s all there is to know about Kadex and how to defeat him on the Baleful Edict. If you like this guide you can check out our other guides as well.