There are five Reapers that you will come across while playing Chaos Gate, and all of them are difficult to take down if you come unprepared. In this guide, we will see how to beat Munificus the Undying in Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters.
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Daemonhunters – Boss Guide for Munificus the Undying
Along with its mediocre health, which is at 54, it also has regeneration abilities. It has a Stun stat, which rests at 6, and 5 in movement. It has no armor, critical chance, or resistance, but taking it down will take forever if you don’t know how to. Here we will see how to tackle Munificus the Undying in Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters.
Read More: Bloom Seeds Guide in Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Daemonhunters – What They Are and How to Get Them
Munificus the Undying’s Attacks, Passives, and Auto Abilities
- Right Talon: Any adjacent Knight to Munificus will be dealt 5 damage and Knockback
- Left Needler: Spread attack spanning till Range 10, and any Knight in the vicinity will be dealt 4 damage.
- Left Pus Sac: Any Knight within Range 10 will be afflicted with Vulnerable for the next two turns.
- Right Mucal Launcher: AoE that spans till Range 14, and has Blast Area 2. Deals 2 damage when it hits any Knight.
- Right Fleshy Abundance: AoE that spans till Range 14, and has Blast Area 2. Deals 2 damage and Knockback when it hits any Knight.
- Tail: Any Knight adjacent to Munificus will be dealt 2 damage and Knockback.
- Maneuvering Leap: Does a Range 15 jump and applies Knockback but 0 damage.
- Mutate: Munificus gains any random Mutation to strengthen itself.
- Bloom Haze: Upon being critically hit, Munificus will drop an Area 3 Hazard that applies Plague on any Knight in the vicinity for two turns. It also summons a Bloomspawn.
- The Undying: Will recover 100% HP when attacked
- Unstable Mass: Removes all Afflictions on itself, but loses -7 HP every time a Target Point is hit.
- Reflex Leap: If mutated and dealt with a Critical Hit, Munificus will leap away and use Bile Spray. Can be used infinite times per turn.
- Parry: Gains a 25% chance to parry melee attacks. Can be used infinite times per turn.
- Auto Tail Snap: Can be used once per turn and applies Knockback and attack any Knight that moves adjacent to its tail.
Squad Composition and Abilities
- Justicar – Honor the Chapter and Hammerhand
- Purgator – Astral Aim
- Apothecary – Warp Speed Biomancy and Battlefield Medication
- Interceptor – Hammerhand
- Paladin – Force Strike and Hammer Hand
- Chaplain – Refrain of Convergence, Litany of Faith, and Emperor’s Will
Stratagems and Equipment
- Tide of Shadows
- High Sanctuary
- Heal 2
- Strength of Spirit
- Any weapon or equipment that can deal Critical Hits
- Terminator Armor for high defense stats
Since Munificus is immune to damage, you will need to dish out as many Critical Hits as possible to bring his health down. It loses -7 HP every time its target points are destroyed, which is your key to landing as many critical hits on these spots as possible. Any melee attack or ranged attack with Precision Targeting can achieve this. But beware of its Bloom Haze, as it will spawn minions every time it receives a critical hit. Use Tide of Shadows if Knights are afflicted, as it removes afflictions and provides 100% Resistance for three turns, applicable for all Knights.
Not only is Munificus the Undying immune to damage, but also just about every other affliction out there. But since it has a Stun stat, it can be staggered. The Paladin can work well here to apply Stun whenever possible. The Hammerhand ability, as well as Astral Aim, can work well in landing critical hits Apothecary’s Iron Arm Biomancy can grant one Knight +2 Stun, while the Chaplain can boost resistance while having high Armor. But placing two supports in one team will not help you in the long run, so you will have to pick and choose which is most important for the fight.
Once you are done dealing with critical hits for the round, focus on the Bloomspawns, as they tend to get out of hand. Stacking High Sanctuary with Chaplain’s Litany of Faith will be handy while using Aegis Shield at every turn on each Knight, making them unstoppable.
Every time Munificus gains a new appendage, focus on taking out the most dangerous ones first. Use Strength of Spirit towards to end to tackle with +50% critical hit for all Knights lasting one turn, ending the fight sooner than expected.
That’s all there is to know about Munificus the Undying and how to beat it in Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunter. If you like this guide you can check out our other guides as well.