Just like how it was in most Pokémon games, you can now catch Shiny versions of the Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. But to do that, some requirements should be met. Shiny Pokémon are just rare-colored Pokémon, but their stats and attributes remain the same as normal Pokémon of the same type. It would still be nice to have a variation of the Pokémon in colors included in your team. Here we will see how to get Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
How to Get Shiny Pokémon in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
To increase your chances of coming across a Shiny Pokémon in the game, you have to meet certain requirements and improve your strategy. Here we will see how to come across one in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
The possibility of bumping into a Shiny Pokémon in the Overworld is 1/4096. To improve your chances, you can try the following methods.
- Masuda Method: Breeding two of the same Pokémon by trading between different countries and regions would increase your chances of finding a Shiny by 1/683. Also, trading for a Ditto and using it during the Breeding process can help you get a Shiny
- Shiny Charm: Completing all the entries in the Paldea Pokedex can help you unlock the Shiny Charm. This will increase the chances by 1/1366, for either breeding or capturing in the wild.
- Participate in Mass Outbreaks: Pokémon Legends: Arceus players would be familiar with this method. You will get notified of a Mass Outbreak of Pokémon on your map. Fight them all to spot a Shiny in the crowd. Your chances will improve after every 30 Pokemon defeated by x2 or x3 times
- Consume Shiny Sandwich: Crafting Shiny Sandwiches can help you find Shiny in the wild. For the ingredients, you need Cherry Tomato x1 and Salty Herba Mystica x2. This will give you a 30-minute Shiny buff to find Shiny, but not for breeding.
- Use the Let’s Go Feature: Using the Let’s Go feature will alert you of Shiny Pokémon, as any Pokémon that is walking beside you will not hunt Shinies unless ordered to.
That’s all there is to know about getting Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. If you like this guide you can check out our other guides as well.