Fix Roblox Error Code 6January 29, 2020
The Roblox error code 6 occurs when the user’s system identifies the Roblox client as malware and blocks it. The root cause of this problem lies in the Windows Firewall or the Antivirus you might be using. Other problems that can lead to this error is an issue with the internet connection and the Ipv4 configuration.
If you have encountered the error, do not worry the fix is simple, we will guide you through it.
Causes of Roblox Error Code 6
As mentioned, there are three possible causes of error code 6. Let’s discuss them briefly:
- Firewall or Antivirus: If you have not allowed the Roblox client through the Firewall, it can cause the client to stop, which leads to the error. Set an exception in your antivirus or allow Roblox clients through the Firewall to eliminate the error and play the game.
- Connection Problem: When the game fails to communicate with the server due to a number of reasons, this error can appear. The DNS cache might be corrupted or the router’s firewall might be blocking the program causing the issue.
- IPv4 Configuration: Some configuration problems with the IPv4 can also cause this error. You have two options in the IPv4 settings- manual and automatic. If the setting is set to automatic, it may fail to identify the configuration automatically which leads to the error. Ensuring the IPv4 settings manually can solve your problem.
Let’s look at the fix for the error code 6 in Roblox.
Fix 1: Allowing App through Firewall
Some users were able to fix the problem by allowing Roblox through the Firewall or the antivirus, so it’s worth the try. Follow the steps:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run Window
- Type control firewall.cpl and hit enter
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall
- Locate ROBLOX and ensure both Private and Public are checked.
- If it isn’t, click on Change Settings and check both the boxes.
- Select Ok to save the changes and try playing the game.
If you are using an antivirus, refer this post to set an exception for apps on various antivirus.
Fix 2: Switch the Internet Connection
If you are using the internet using a Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot connection try switching to a wired connection. If that does not work. Try using another internet connection and check if the game works. If it does, the ISP might be blocking the connection to the Roblox server. It happens every once in a while and the root cause is still unidentified. You should content the ISP to resolve the issue.
Fix 3: Power Cycle the Router
Power-cycling the router removes the corrupted DNS cache, which can help address the Roblox error code 6. Here are the steps to power-cycle the router.
- Remove the power cable from the router.
- Press and hold the power switch for 10 seconds.
- Connect the power cables to the router and wait for it to start.
- Connect your system to the network and try playing the game.
Fix 4: Manual IPv4 Configuration
If the above fixes did not work, your system might be failing to obtain the DNS server addresses automatically. Here are the steps to automatically set the DNS servers.
- Press Windows Key + I simultaneously to launch Windows Settings
- Click on Network & Internet
- Under Change your network settings, select Change adapter options
- Select the network you are using and right-click
- Click on Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties
- Check Use the following DNS server addresses (you can use the Google DNS servers, which are great and free – primary DNS 8888, secondary DNS 8844)
- Enter the DNS addresses and click Ok.
Try playing the game, check if Roblox error code 6 still appears. Let us know in the comments, the fixes that worked for you. It will allow us to provide better resolutions.
- Complete List of Roblox Error Codes and How to Fix Them All
- How to Get Banned On Roblox Fast
- Fix Roblox Error Code 277
- Fix Roblox Error Code 610
- Fix Roblox Error Code 267