Modern Warfare 2 Beta is out, and it has brought along a series of bugs and errors. One of the more prominent bugs that players face is when the game crashes the system at launch. This has been persistent across all platforms, more so for the Xbox Series X|S. There isn’t a definite fix for it yet, as it has not been acknowledged by Infinity Ward, but there are some tips and tricks you can try to work around it. In this guide, we will see how to fix Modern Warfare 2 crashing on Xbox Series X|S.
Fix Modern Warfare 2 Crashing on Xbox Series X|S
Like most Call of Duty games, Modern Warfare 2 also has an issue with crashing on most platforms. Here we will see how to fix this for Xbox Series X|S.
Below are some tips you can try to help MW2 start working again on Xbox Series X|S.
- Create a New Account: Some players found that creating a new Xbox account and an Activision account helped bypass the crashing in MW2.
- Turn Off Texture Streaming: Head over to the in-game menu and select the Settings option. From there, go to Graphics, at the very top is the option for On-Demand Texture Streaming. You can disable it and try playing the game again, or adjust the settings accordingly.
- Improve Ventilation: Some players found that improving the ventilation around the console helped with the game not crashing.
- Check Game Version: If the game version is lagging in updates, it can cause it to crash.
- Check Network Connectivity: You can try to reset your router, change to an Ethernet Cable, use a different network, or switch to a mobile hotspot to see if it helps.
- Clear Cache: Turn off the console, then unplug it from the socket. Wait for a minute or two, then plug it back in.
- Check Software Updates: If your Xbox software is lagging in updates, the game will crash.
- Reinstall the game: You can try to do a clean install of the game to weed out any irregularities in MW2.
- Check Server Status: If the servers are down for maintenance, then the game will crash repeatedly. You can check for the server status online, or try playing MW2 later.
- Contact Support: If none of the above tips work, then you can contact Activision support to get the issue sorted
That’s all there is to know about how to fix Modern Warfare 2 crashing on Xbox Series X|S. If you like this guide, you can check out our other posts like Fix Modern Warfare 2 Stuck on Checking for Updates and Fix Modern Warfare 2 Beta Download Stuck.