Don’t be intimidated by Cruciatus the Generous’s large size and heavy armor, as your squad can take them down with some luck. In this guide, we will see how to beat Cruciatus the Generous in Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate.
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Daemonhunters Boss Guide for Cruciatus the Generous
Cruciatus the Generous has 55 Health and 45 Armor, while his other stats are close to nil. While he may look like a hard shell to crack, it is not impossible to bring him down. Here we will see how to beat Cruciatus the Generous in Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate.
Squad Formation and Abilities
- Justicar – Hammerhand and Honor the Chapter
- Purgator – Astral Aim and Sanctified Kill Zone
- Apothecary – Warp Speed Biomancy
- Interceptor – Hammerhand
Stratagems and Equipment
- Quicksilver – grants one Knight +2 AP
- Gate of Infinity – Using range without extinguishing AP
- Weapons that have Armor Pierce, Armor Break, and has high Critical Hits Modifiers
Cruciatus the Generous Attacks and Auto Abilities
- Laser Destructor: AoE that can deal 8 damage and can cause knockback
- Laser Destructor Cover Shot: Attacks using a cover and fires his Laser Destructor at random. Causes Knockback.
- Heavy Stubber: Causes Blast Area 2 and deals 4 damage
- Heavy Stubber Cover Shot: Fires while behind cover
- Thunderstrike Grab Phase One: Grabs any Knight at random and smashes them to the ground. Deals 3 damage
- Thunderstrike Grab Phase Two: Grabs any Knight at random and smashes them to the ground. Causes critical wounds.
- Titanic Stomp: Creates a Blast Area 4 AoE that applies hobbled, knockback, and 4 damage to any Knight hit. Will also counter the first melee attack at each turn.
- Heed the Challenge: Becomes enraged when hit. He will focus on the attacking Knight in his next turn
Cruciatus the Generous is immune to almost everything besides Vulnerability. And since his Auto Ability will only counter melee once per turn, you can use this to your advantage to get up close and personal with the Purgator. Also, making your Interceptor as powerful as possible is key to winning the battle, by using Quicksilver, Honor the Chapter, Warp Speed, and Battlefield Medicine on them. Use the Gate of Infinity to get close, and use the Purgator’s Sanctified Kill Zone first, followed by Justicar’s Hammerhand. Use Purgator’s Astral Aim to place Hobbled on Cruciatus and reduce his speed. Now is your chance to use your powered-up Interceptor to place the damaging blow and use up all your AP and WP. If Cruciatus does not go down immediately, split your AP among Justicar, Purgator, and Apothecary to defeat him.
By the second phase, his armor should be partially broken, meaning you can land a couple of critical hits to bring him down.
That’s all there is to know about Cruciatus the Generous and how to beat him in Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Daemonhunters. If you like this guide you can check out our other guides as well.