Humankind is a great game. In all honestly, I like it better than Civilization for it has managed to eliminate a lot of elements of Civilization that players have been complaining about for years. But, one would have hoped for a smoother launch given the beta tests of the game. In the current state, a lot of players are unable to play the game due to Unity errors, a hard crashes, and the problem with the multiplayer. An error that’s become widespread is the Humankind Forcibly Disconnected multiplayer error.
Besides being forcibly disconnected from the multiplayer, the game also frees when you try to launch the multiplayer. The state of multiplayer at the time of writing is not good. However, there are still some things you can do to ensure you don’t encounter the issue.
How to Fix Humankind Multiplayer Error Forcibly Disconnected
The problem with the Humankind multiplayer is most definitely a bug with the game that the developers need to address. While there are certain workarounds that can help you launch the multiplayer, these solutions are not universal. Here is all the workaround that’s worked for users.
- Create a new Microsoft Account – Gamepass Users
- For some reason, players with MS account with Gamepass just aren’t able to make a lobby. Switching to a new account allowed them to make the lobby. So, this is a solution you can try if you have Gamepass. Note that the new account should not have Gamepass.
- Switch to a different internet connection
- If your current ISP has some ports blocked that is required by the game, it will lead to multiplayer issues as the game would fail to communicate with other users or establish a connection. There are two solutions for this – port forwarding and changing the ISP. Changing the ISP is easier. We suggest that you use the mobile hotspot to launch the game and check if that helps.
- Server Problem
- As mentioned earlier, the multiplayer issues are due to the servers and in such a case, no matter how much you try you won’t be able to fix the problem. The best solution is to wait for the servers to stabilize and allow the first patch for the game to roll. Although unacknowledged, the multiplayer error is so widespread the developers must know about it.
- Don’t interfere with the game when multiplayer is loading
- It’s a known issue with the game that when the multiplayer loads the screen freezes for a few seconds. Pressing any buttons at this time will fail the multiplayer. Allow the game to load its resources and do not interfere as it can cause the Humankind Multiplayer Forcibly Disconnected error.
That’s all we have in this guide. In most cases, the only solution will be to wait for the developers to resolve the problem as the multiplayer issue probably is caused by server glitches.