Black Screen crash is a serious issue and may indicate a deeper problem with the PC, than just the Diablo 4 crash. It indicates that there is a serious problem with the PC related to corrupted OS or possible hardware issues, but in some cases, even a game can cause such problems. If you are getting the Diablo 4 blue screen crash, here are all the solutions you can try.
Fix Diablo 4 Crashing with Blue Screen
Diablo 4 blue screen crash is not a widespread issue with the game, which suggests a problem on your end. If you have encountered the issue, here are the best solutions you can try if the below scenario matches you.
- My computer/PC crashed while playing Diablo 4
- My computer/PC rebooted unexpectedly
- My computer/PC displayed a blue screen of death while playing Diablo 4.
Here are the solutions you can try, if your problem matches any of the above.
- As the main reason for the Diablo 4 blue screen crash is corrupted software, the first thing you should do is update the graphics card drivers and the operating system.
- If you are not running a reliable anti-virus, it’s time to get one and install it. Quite often malware can cause the PC to behave in such a manner.
- As the blue screen is caused mainly due to corruption or an issue with the system files/OS, it’s best that you run the System Files Checker. You can read more about running the utility on the MS website linked above.
- Another cause for the error, which is directly related to the game, is that the game is not optimised properly and is consuming a lot of resources, causing the system to misbehave. This is a very likely scenario as the game is still in beta and the devs have acknowledged performance issues with the game. But something you’re doing may also cause this. If you have overclocked or the CPU is not well ventilated leading to heating, then, you can get the Diablo 4 crashing with blue screen.
- Another major cause of Diablo 4 blue screen crash is an issue with your RAM. A failing RAM will cause this error even when you are not running the game, but may occur more frequently when you run the game. Many times, simply removing and reinserting the RAM in its slot can fix the crash. If not, try to get a replacement and check if you still get the error.
At the time of writing, there are the best solutions you can try to fix the Diablo 4 blue screen crash. If there is more, we will update the post and let you know.