The Sea of Thieves Ashbeard error means that your Xbox Live Status is ‘not connected’ or you are not signed-into the account. In an attempt to fix the error, you must first try to sign-out and log back-in and launch the game. Under most circumstance, this simple step will suffice to fix the issue. But, users have reported otherwise. If the game still gives you the Ashbeard Error – ‘Player is not signed into Xbox live’, whether on Xbox or PC, follow the solutions in the guide.
What is Ashbeard Error in Sea Of Thieves
The Ashbeard error in Sea of Thieves can arise due to a range of issue including the player not being signed into Xbox Live account, the Window Firewall or antivirus not allowing the game from establishing connection with the servers, a general problem with internet connection, if the Xbox Live services are disabled on PC, and problem with LAN configuration. To fix the issue, you have to address one or more of the causes that might resulting the Sea of Thieves Ashbeard error. Here are all the fixes you can try.
Fix 1: Sign-Out and Sign-In
Whether you are Xbox One or using Xbox App on PC, simply log-out of your account and log-in right back. Before you perform the above step, ensure that your internet connection is not volatile and you have a steady bandwidth.
This should probably fix the issue in most cases. If it doesn’t proceed to the other fixes.
Fix 2: Set Exclusion for Sea Of Thieves
Sometimes the Windows Firewall or your antivirus settings might be preventing the game from establishing connection with the server or certain functions of the game might be blocked that’s resulting into the Sea Of Thieves Ashbeard Error – ‘Player is not signed into Xbox live’. To resolve the issue, you must set an exclusion for Sea Of Thieves on the Windows Firewall or the third-party antivirus software. Here are the steps.
- Press Windows Key + I and select Update & Security
- Click on Windows Security and select Firewall & network protection
- Click on Allow an app through firewall
- Locate Sea Of Thieves and tick both Private and Public (If it’s not in the list of applications, browse the install folder and set exception for the executable)
- Save the changes.
Kaspersky Internet Security
- Home >> Settings >> Additional >> Threats and Exclusions >> Exclusions >> Specify Trusted Applications >> Add.
- Home >> Settings >> Components >> Web Shield >> Exceptions >> Set the exception.
- Home >> Settings >> General >> Exclusions >> Set the exclusion.
Fix 3: Enable Xbox Live Services
When the Xbox Live services are disabled on your PC this error can arise. In such a case, you will see the error (0X409 0X80070422) on the sign-in screen of the Xbox app.
To resolve the error, you must enable the Xbox Live services. Here are the steps.
- Press Windows Key + R and type services.msc, hit Enter
- Locate the Xbox Services (they should be at the bottom)
- Ensure the Startup Type for Xbox Accessory management Services is Manual (Trigger Start), Xbox Live Auth Manager is Automatic, Xbox Live Game Save is Manual (Trigger Start), and Xbox Live Networking Services is Manual.
- To change the Startup Type, right-click on the Service and select Properties
- Select the right startup type from the drop-down menu and click Apply and OK.
Now run the game and check if the Ashbeard error still appears.
Fix 4: Change the LAN Settings
If you have enabled the proxy server on your LAN settings, it could also cause the Sea of Thieves Ashbeard error, to fix the issue disable it. Here are the steps.
- In the Windows Search tab, type Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN settings > uncheck use a proxy server for your LAN
- Save the changes and exit.
At this point, you should note that users have reported malware that check the proxy services. If you have malware on your system, the above step may not help and you need to run a malware scan using a reliable tool.
If the LAN Settings box is disabled, you can follow this step:
- Right-click on the desktop > New > Text Document
- Paste the below text
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel] “Connection Settings”=dword:00000000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings] “ProxySettingsPerUser”=dword:00000001
- Press Ctrl + S, type the File name with quotes as “FixAshbeard.reg” and click on Save
- Go to the saved file and double-click
- When prompted, provide the permission.
Now, launch the game and the Sea of Thieves Ashbeard Error should have disappeared.