Rocket League is a popular soccer game involving cars. While the game itself is quite challenging, what makes it even more so are the persistent errors that ruin the gameplay. One of the more common errors that Rocket League players get is the Unknown Error While Communicating with RL Servers. This issue is quite common and usually resolves on its own. But if you are facing this issue currently, then there are a few things you can try. Here we will see how to fix the Unknown Error While Communicating issue in Rocket League.
Fix Rocket League Unknown Error While Communicating With Servers
There is currently no official fix for the Rocket League Unknown Error, but there are a few things you can try to bypass the problem. Here we will see how to fix Rocket League Unknown Error.
- Check Server Status – Usually, if servers are down, you will get this problem. You should check the Rocket League Twitter handle or Downdetector to know if the servers are up and running.
- Check Network Connectivity – If your network is the issue, you can try to switch to a different network or use an Ethernet connection. You can even restart or reboot your router to see if it helps
- Check Region – Turn off the Auto Region option and manually select your region to avoid conflict
- Sync Clock – If the time is shown on your display clashes with the in-game time, you will experience the unknown error issue in Rocket League
- Update Version – If your Rocket League version is not up to date, then you will face this issue. You should try to download the latest update first
- Update Windows/Console – You should also check if your PC or console systems are up to date, and if they are not then you should update them
- Set up Port Forwarding – Your router could block the game from functioning properly. You can check out this guide to know how to enable port forwarding on your router
- Switch to Google DNS – Sometimes the DNS setting can hamper the game. You can try to switch to an open DNS or Google DNS
- Restart Device – You should try to restart the console or PC and try launching the game again. You can even try to power cycle the devices to get the game running
- Reinstall Rocket League – Use this as a last resort when none of the above tips work
- Contact Support – If nothing works and you are unable to log in, then you can either wait it out or contact the Rocket League customer support team to get the issue sorted
That’s all there is to know about the Rocket League Unknown Error While Communicating With Servers issue. If you like this post you can check out our other articles like Fix Sideswipe Login Not Working in Rocket League and Fix Rocket League Private Matches Not Working