Outriders is an amazing game to say the least. While the game does have its hurdles, it’s relatively error free when we compare recent titles. We played the demo a few times with different character and the game looks like one of the best titles of the year. However, some players are unable to play the game due to the Outriders VCRUNTIME 140_1.dll not found or missing error. If you are facing the same problem or missing any other DLLs, this post will help you. Keep scrolling to read more.
What Causes the Outriders VCRUNTIME 140_1.dll Not Found?
The VCRUNTIME140.dll is one of several runtime libraries of Visual C++ version 2015, 2017, and 2019. These libraries play a critical role in running the game and software developed using the Visual Studio. If you encounter the VCRUNTIME140.dll Not Found, it generally means the .dll file has gone missing for some reason and reinstalling the Visual C++, the game, or installing the .dll file can fix the problem.
Fix Outriders VCRUNTIME 140_1.dll, XAPOFX1_5.dll, X3DAudio1_7.dll, and D3DCOMPILER_43.dll Missing or Not Found
You can fix the Outriders VCRUNTIME 140_1.dll, XAPOFX1_5.dll, X3DAudio1_7.dll, and D3DCOMPILER_43.dll Missing or Not Found problem by reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C+++ Redistributables for both x86 and x64 versions. This will effectively fix the error. If it does not resolve the error, try these fixes.
Fix 1: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019
Reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 is the first fix you must try to repair the VCRUNTIME140_1.dll error. To perform the steps, you must follow the guidelines set by Microsoft. Here are the steps.
- Download the software from the Official Website
- Click on Download
- Download and install both the x86: vc_redist.x86.exe and x64: vc_redist.x64.exe
- After the download is complete, install the software following on-screen prompts.
Now, try playing Outriders and check if the error appears.
Fix 2: Update the Operating System
Updating the Windows operating system is simple. Follow the below steps to update the Windows OS…
- Go to Windows Settings by pressing Windows Key + I
- Select Update & Security
- Click on Check for Updates
- Windows will automatically check for updates, download, and install.
- Navigate below to find Download and install now under Optional updates available, click on Download and install now
- Allow the installation process to complete
Once done, try running the game and check if the error occurs.
Fix 3: Run the SFC Command
If the above fixes have failed to resolve the error, you can try to fix it by running sfc command that replaces corrupt files with the new.
- Open Command Prompt in Admin Mode (Press Windows + R, type cmd, press Shift + Ctrl + Enter, and click Yes)
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Allow the process to complete.
Now, try running the game.
Fix 4: Deregister VCRUNTIME140.dll File & Re-register
More often than not, re-registering the VCRUNTIME140.dll File on your operating system can fix the .dll error with Outriders. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialogue box
- Type cmd and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter to enter Command Prompt in Admin Mode
- Type regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll and hit Enter to deregister the file from the operating system
- Type regsvr32 VCRUNTIME140.dll and hit Enter to re-register
- Restart the system and check if the error was resolved.
Fix 5: Verify the System for Malware
If you are not using an antivirus software, it might be time to download and purchase one. It’s an essential program that protects you against all types of viruses and malwares. If you already have one on your system, ensure it’s updated. You can also run a full scan of your system using the Windows Virus & Threat Protection. But, whichever software you choose to run, ensure you perform a complete scan of the system including all external drives attached to the computer.
That’s it in this guide, but if the Outriders VCRUNTIME 140_1.dll Not Found error still appears, let us know in the comments.