Madden NFL 22 is the yearly title from EA based on Football. The current title includes a lot of new features, but a lot of players aren’t able to enjoy that as they are faced with the Madden 22 crashing, freezing, and stuck on the loading screen. The problem is impacting players on all platforms including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
At the time of writing this post, there are no bugs in the game that have surfaced which could be responsible for the game’s poor performance. However, we are still in early access. We will update the post if there are bugs causing the issue.
If the game is bugged there is little you can do about it other than waiting for a patch to address the issue. Meanwhile, here are some solutions to help address the problem with Xbox and PlayStation.
Fix Madden 22 Crashing or Stuck on Loading Screen Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, and PS5
Before you move with the solutions, ensure that you have installed the latest update for the game. The solutions are a process so try them one after the other until the game stops crashing or gets stuck at the loading screen.
Clear Data on Xbox
- For players on Xbox, you are stuck on loading screen, clearing the date may fix the problem. Go to the Settings > Storage > Clear local saved games. (Note: If you are un-synced to the cloud, you will lose progress. So perform on your own accord.)
Delete the Reserved Space
- Xbox One – First close the game > open Options > go to Manage Game and Addons for Madden > Saved Data > Reserved Space > Select Options > Select clear reserved space > Confirm.
- PlayStation – Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data > Console Storage > Choose Game File > Delete.
Hard Reset to Clear Cache
- Hard resetting the console is known to fix a lot of problems with the device. The process can be tried by both console users. To hard reset, turn down your console > remove the power cable > press and hold the power button for 10 seconds > connect the power cables and start normally.
Try to launch the game from EA Play
- Another solution you can try if the above have failed is to launch the game form the EA Play app instead of the Xbox Apps.
Reinstall the game
- Finally, if none of the above solutions have worked, reinstall the game to fix the problem.
If the problem still persists after performing the above solutions, there is a chance the problem may be with the game, getting in touch with EA support may be the only option.
We will keep an eye out for the issue and if any new solutions emerge we will update the post. Meanwhile, if you have solutions to fix the Crashing or Stuck on Loading Screen, share them in the comments.