Immortals Fenyx Rising is the latest title from Ubisoft in the hack-slash melee combat genre. The game mechanics allows you to obtain a range of weapons, skills, and abilities overtime. There are several ways you can attack your foes in the game. But, users have been complaining of the game stuttering in action scenes and otherwise on all platforms such as PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, and PS5. There are all kinds of stuttering problems with the game and the FPS sometimes drops below 10, which is far from ideal. Stick with us and we will help you fix the Immortals Fenyx Rising stuttering, lag, and help boost frame rate.
Fix Immortals Fenyx Rising Stuttering and Lag – Boost Frame Rate
With all games reclosed in the recent past, there have been complaints of stuttering, but with Immortals Fenyx Rising the stutter is so excessive quite a number of players are unable to play the game. Fortunately, we have a range of solutions you can try to fix the stuttering with the game.
Fix Immortals Fenyx Rising Stuttering and Lag on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
As the game is pre-optimized for the next-gen consoles, there are not many options to fix the stutter in the game, but a lot of players have acknowledged that changing between the modes either increases the stutter or reduces it. When you play the game on Quality mode, you get 30 FPS on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. On the Performance mode, you get a steady 60 FPS, which is ideal and should reduce the stutter with the game.
However, there are reports from players that the performance mode, drops the FPS even further and below 30 FPS in certain scenes. So, until the developers address the issue with a hotfix, your options are limited to tweaking between the different game modes to fix the stutter on PS5 and next-gen Xbox.
Fix Immortals Fenyx Rising Stuttering and Lag on PS4 and Xbox One
The game does not provide you with graphics options to tweak and comes optimised for consoles, so there is little you can do. The game is pre-set to run on 30 FPS for the Xbox X and PS4. As the stutter seems to occur when in demanding scenes, we suggest you avoid them as much as possible and hopefully Ubisoft will soon release a patch to address the issue.
Fix Immortals Fenyx Rising Stuttering and Lag on PC
For users on PC, you have a lot of options to boost the frame rate of the game, we will detail you on all of them. Try them one at a time and check the stutter with the game after every few solutions.
Update the Graphics Card
It’s a gamer’s modus operandi to keep the graphics card and all the other software on the system updated. The graphics because card in particular is important it directly impacts your game performance. NVidia and AMD both release updates for their driver fairly regularly. Go to the official website of your graphics card manufacturer and check if a new driver is available or use GeForce Experience to check for the driver. Download and install the new drivers. If the Immortals Fenyx Rising stuttering and FPS drop started after a driver update, consider rolling back.
Enable/Disable Fullscreen Mode
Running the game after enabling the in-game Fullscreen mode seems to fix a lot of stuttering problem in the game. Users who ran the game on Windowed mode encountered lag and stuttering problem. So, head over to the Settings and enable the fullscreen mode. If you are already running the game on fullscreen, try changing to windowed that can potentially reduce stutter with the game.
Terminate Unnecessary Applications
With so many games, third-party software that forcefully inject themselves between operations cause crash and stutter in the game. Hence, the first thing we must do to resolve the Immortals Fenyx Rising stuttering and FPS drop is suspend all unnecessary programs and then launch the game. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- In General tab, uncheck Load startup items
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Click on Apply and OK.
Try launching the game, check if the error still occurs.
Change the Game Settings
If you are playing the game on high system specifications, it’s most likely to crash, stutter, drop FPS, and lag. As such, you should set the graphics settings from the in-game graphics settings to the lowest and increase the settings by one until the game stops to stutter. When the stuttering start to occurs, the previous settings is the best for your system. Here are some recommendation you can try from the game’s graphics settings.
- Adaptive Quality – Does not impact the quality, perform Trial and error.
- Anti-Aliasing – Low
- Environment Quality – Medium
- Shadows – Low
- Effects Quality – Medium
- Texture Quality – High
- Screen Space Reflections – On
- Ambient Occlusion – On
- Depth Of Field – Trial and error
- Motion Blur – Trial and error
Change Nvidia Settings
In the next step to fix Immortals Fenyx Rising Stuttering, FPS Drop, and Performance Issues, we will set the Nvidia for performance. Here are the steps.
- Right-click on Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- Expand 3D Settings and click on Adjust image settings with preview
- Check Use my preference emphasizing: Quality (for users who have a powerful PC, you can allow the app to decide and select Let the 3D application decide)
- Drag the bar to Performance (there are three options Performance – Balanced – Quality)
- Click on Apply to implement the changes
- Next, go to the Manage 3D settings under 3D Settings
- Click on Program Settings and select Immortals Fenyx Rising (if the game is not in the drop-down list, click Add, browse and add the game)
- Under 2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program: choose High-performance NVIDIA processor
- Under 3. Specify the settings for this program, set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance and Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames to 1.
Alter the Power Options in Window 10
For users who do not have an effective CPU cooler, you may want to skip this step as it would increase the CPU temperature by a few degrees. Without proper cooling, it may harm your system. Here are the steps to follow.
- Click on the battery icon in the System Tray and drag the button to Best Performance
- Right-click on the battery icon and select Power Options
- Click on the Change plan settings link
- Click on Change advanced power settings
- Locate Processor power management and click on the plus sign to expand
- Expand Minimum processor state and set it to 100%, next expand Maximum processor state and set it to 100%
- Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Configure Game Settings from the Registry
This fix will not just resolve your Immortals Fenyx Rising FPS drop, lag, and stuttering, but with all other games and applications. However, before you proceed do take a backup of the registry. Here are the steps:
- Type Regedit in the Windows Search tab and select Run as administrator
- Click on Files > Export. Name the backup and save it at your desired location
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > System > GameConfigStore
- From the right panel, double-click on GameDVR_Enabled
- Set the Value data to 0, Base as Hexadecimal and click OK
- Next, double-click on GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode
- Set the Value data as 2 and Base as Hexadecimal and click OK
- Go back and expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > PolicyManager > default > ApplicationManagement > AllowGameDVR
- From the right panel, double-click on value
- Delete 1 and set it to 0, click Ok and restart your computer.
Set Windows for Best Performance
In the Windows search tab, type performance and select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. Check Adjust for best performance. Click Apply and OK. Check if the Immortals Fenyx Rising stutter and lag still occur.
Delete Temporary Files from Windows
Again, this is another general step to speed up the system and ultimately fix the Immortals Fenyx Rising FPS drop, stuttering, and other performance problems. Here are the steps you can follow to clear the temporary files on PC.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing on Windows Key + R
- Type %temp% in the field and hit Enter
- Press Ctrl + A and hit Delete (if you cannot delete some files, let them be and close the Window)
- Again, press Windows Key + R and type temp, hit Enter
- When prompted provide the permission. Delete everything in this folder as well.
- Again, press Windows Key + R and type prefetch, hit Enter
- Press Ctrl + A to select everything and hit the Delete key (skip files that do not delete)
After you are done with the above three processes, empty the Recycle Bin.
We hope that the Immortals Fenyx Rising Stuttering and Lag is resolved after following the above solutions.