Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance has not had a great start on Steam with mostly negative review, but 37% of the players still think the game is great. Whatever your experience with your game, no one want to see stutter when they boot up a game. While not widespread, some users are experiencing the Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance stutter and lag on PC. If you are one of the users with the issue, here is what you need to do to boost FPS and remove stutter.
How to Fix Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Stutter and Lag on PC
Stutter is games is nothing uncommon. It can be due to the poor programming of the game or an issue with the users system. It’s recommended that your system meets the minimum requirements to play the game. Not doing so, quite often leads to FPS drops and stuttering. There are also some system settings that can result in low game performance. Here is what you need to do to fix Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance stuttering issues.
- Launch the game in a clean boot environment – Why a clean boot environment? Because third-party software running in the background can cause all sorts of issues with the game including consuming to many resources and resource throttling the game, which would definitely lead to stutter. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager
- Disable one task at a time and restart the system.
- Now, launch the game and the crash and stutter should improve.
- Lower the graphics of the game – If you are on high, go to medium and if at medium, tune down to low.
- Run the game in Fullscreen – Games are known to stutter when not running in fullscreen. So, try to run the game in fullscreen.
- Disable Overlay – Overlays can interfere with the game and lead to the stuttering problem. This includes the Steam, Discord, Game Bar, and GeForce Experience Overlays.
If the stutter and lag still occurs, there are a few settings change you can make for the best performance in the game.
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Best Settings to Boost FPS
While some of the settings that we suggest may vary from one computer to the other, you can apply the settings listed below for the best performance. If you want to increase a settings, do it one at a time so you know the specific settings that’s causing issues with the game.
- Maximum FPS: Set it to 60 and increase as you monitor the performance of the game.
- Vsync: Off
- Motion Blur Intensity: Set it to 20
- Screen Resolution: 1920×1080
- Display Mode: Full Screen
- Texture Quality: High
- Shadow Quality: Medium
- Visual Effects Quality: Medium
- Anti-Aliasing Quality: Low or Medium (Set to medium and if there is no difference then Low)
- Post Processing Quality: High
- Foliage Quality: Medium
- View Distance Quality: Medium
That’s all we have in this guide. Hope you can see some improvement with the Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance stuttering issue.