When you are trying to play a game and you suddenly see an error that doesn’t let you play anymore. That is the most annoying thing a gamer can face apart from low fps. So, if you’ve seen an error recently that shows “Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error”, well you are not alone. Many players have encountered the same error when launching the game. We have a few fixes for you today regarding this error that can help you start your game.
How to fix the “Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error”?
The “Initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error” happens on the games which have the BattlEye Anti-Cheat service activated, like OUBG, H1Z1, DayZ, etc.
Below you can find a few methods to fix this particular error and these fixes have helped many players fix the error. Trying them all is recommended if one or the other doesn’t work for you.
Run the game as an Administrator:
Running the game with Administrator privileges can sometimes fix these kinds of errors. In order to run the game as an Administrator,
- Right-click on the (.exe) file of the game or right-click on the shortcut icon of your game on the desktop and click “Properties” from the list.
- Go to the “Compatibility” tab, then check the option “Run this program as an Administrator”. Then click Apply to confirm and Ok to exit.
- Now, double-click the (.exe) file or the desktop shortcut to see if your game starts.
End all the pending processes:
This error can also be fixed by ending all the pending game-related processes from the task manager. This is how you can do it:
- Run your game by double-clicking the .exe file or the desktop icon.
- After the game has started, press the SHIFT + CTRL + ESC keys on your keyboard to bring up the Windows Task Manager.
- Once it opens, go to the Processes tab and you will find all the active processes for your game. There will be an END TASK button on the bottom right, click that button to end all the pending processes.
- After performing this action, restart the game and the error should be fixed.
Run the BattlEye installer manually:
If the game has failed to install the BattlEye service automatically, you can do it manually by running the install_BattlEye.bat file from the BattlEye data folder which you can usually find at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”. This will install the BattlEye service on your system. Try running the game after this and see if it works.
Verify the integrity of your game files:
Yes, this sounds like a serious criminal investigation but the method can actually solve many errors. This usually repairs all the corrupted files and restores your data so that you have fresh game files on your system.
To verify the integrity of your game files on Steam:
- Open your steam client and log into it.
- Then go to the library option on top.
- In this list, right-click on your game and then click properties.
- In this menu, click the local files tab.
- Then click the option which says “Verify Integrity of Game Files”.
- Wait till the process is completed and then close the window.
- Launch your game now to check if the error is still there or not.
Update all the device drivers:
Many errors occur due to outdated drivers on your system. That’s why we should regularly update the system drivers. Updating the drivers and restarting your system afterward helps in cleaning out all the old files and replacing them with fresh ones. This usually also removes the corrupted files and hence helps fix the errors.
Hope these methods will help in fixing the error.