Over the past few years, we have seen quite a number of PlayStation titles become available to PC players. One of the most awaited title is Days Gone. And while the game is mostly bug free, there are some players who are facing difficulty launching the game. If you have met with the Days Gone crash at startup and won’t launch issues, we have certain solutions you can try.
How to Fix Days Gone Crash at Startup and Won’t Launch Issues
Before you even start to troubleshoot the issue, check the system requirements to play the game. Unlike some games that state Win 10 in the requirement but run on older OS as well, Days Gone won’t launch on your PC if you are using Win 7 or 8. Hence, that’s the first thing you should ensure. If you are on Windows 10 and Days Gone is crashing, there are a bunch of solutions you can try.
The first thing we suggest is to launch the game in a clean boot environment, so you know there isn’t a third-party software interfering with the game or consuming too many resources, which could be leading to the Days Gone crash at startup. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager
- Disable one task at a time and restart the system.
If launching the game in a clean boot environment did not help, here are some things you can try.
- Update the graphics card driver
- Disable the Steam Overlay and GeForce Experience Overly
- Verify Integrity of game files on Steam or Verify game files on Epic
- Ensure the launcher and game has administrative privilege
- Whitelist the game on your antivirus software
If you are able to launch the game and the crash happens after, try to lower the settings of the game and play in Windowed mode.
With these tips, we hope you are able to play Days Gone and the crashing problem does not occur. We will update this post when you know of additional fixes for the issue. If you have a better solution, let us know in the comments.