Chivalry 2 has launched as an Epic Games Store exclusive and while the game is mostly bug and error free, some users are reporting the Chivalry 2 System Error – Chivalry-2-Win64-Shipping.exe. The error message reads, “The program can’t start because api-ms-win-core-version-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.” Another message that you may see is “The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.”
The suggested fix in the error message is to reinstall the game, which is what you should do when you first encounter the error, but if the error persists, we have some solutions you can try besides getting the specific DLL from a third-party.
How to Fix Chivalry 2 System Error ‘api-ms-win-core-version-l1-1-0.dll’ Missing
The Chivalry 2 System Error – Chivalry-2-Win64-Shipping.exe comes with a variety of error messages. The most likely cause of the error is a missing or corrupted DLL. The game comes with all the software required to play the game. So, the best solution is no. 2. If you fail to find the setup mentioned, then, try the other solutions.
- Update the operating system
- One of the most common reasons behind the error is an outdated system. Users on older versions of Windows 7 and 8 are more likely to encounter this error. Regardless of your OS, you should update it.
- Run the UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe.
- Look for the exact or similar file in the install directory of the game. Running the setup would allow you to reinstall everything that’s required to play the game and hopefully fix the Chivalry 2 System Error – Chivalry-2-Win64-Shipping.exe.
- Run the SFC Command. Here are the steps:
- Open Command Prompt in Admin Mode (Press Windows + R, type cmd, press Shift + Ctrl + Enter, and click Yes)
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Allow the process to complete.
- Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, and 2019. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Go to the Official Website for downloading the file.
- Click on Download
- Download and install both the x86: vc_redist.x86.exe and x64: vc_redist.x64.exe
- Proceed with the installation and follow the prompts on-screen.
That’s all we have in this guide, hope the above post has helped you fix the Chivalry 2 System Error – Chivalry-2-Win64-Shipping.exe. If you have a better solution or would like to share something, drop them in the comments.