Chivalry 2 is one of the most anticipated titles this month for PC. However, the game has released for all major platforms including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows PC. There are no major bugs and errors with the game. Even the servers are reasonably stable on the releases day. But, some users are complaining of Chivalry 2 Launch Error. You may sometimes get the Launch Error 26 or simply the “Launch Error. Failed to start the game.” If you are stuck with the game due to this error, there are some quick fixes you can apply to resolve the issue. Keep reading through the post and we will help you fix the issue.
How to Fix Chivalry 2 Launch Error
As it’s clear from the error message, the game is failing to launch because something on your PC is preventing the game from starting. Some of the causes can be a problem with the EAC, third-party software, or the Windows Firewall. However, before we get to address the main causes of Chivalry 2 Launch Error, there are some solutions that have proven to work for users. Try one solutions after the other until you fix the issue.
- Delete the Config File
- Deleting the config file of the game and performing the Verify feature to repair game files on Epic Games Store fixes a lot of issues with Chivalry 2 as highlighted in one another post on the website. To perform the fix locate the config file, you will have to unhide files and folders. Open File Explorer > View > Options > Change folder and search options > View tab > toggle Show hidden files, folder, or drivers > Apply > Ok. After performing the above step, you can view hidden files. Now, go to C: [username]\Marc\AppData\Local\Chivalry 2\Saved\Config. Delete the file and then, run Verify from the Epic Games Launcher.
- Reinstall the Easy Anti-Cheat
- Easy Anti-Cheat is the program that the game relies on to detect cheating. It’s a crucial program for the game and a fault with it will crash the game and possibly lead to the Chivalry 2 Launch Error. To reinstall the program, go to the install directory of the game and locate the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file, double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall it.
- Run the game in a clean boot environment
- A clean boot environment ensures that no third-party software interferes with the game including OC software. Follow the path to perform the clean boot:
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager
- Disable one task at a time and restart the system.
- Whitelist the game in the Windows Firewall
- Being a multiplayer game, if the game is blocked by the Firewall, it will most definitely lead to a crash or a lunch error. Whitelist the game in the Firewall if the above solutions did not help.
Hope the above solutions have helped fix Chivalry 2 Launch Error. We will update the post when we know of additional solutions. If something has worked for you that we didn’t cover, let us know in the comments below.