If you were thirsting for a co-op action before B4B launched, Aliens Fireteam Elite is just the game you wanted. The game brings monstrous weapons to take down big alien monsters aided with team tactics. But, all this comes after you are able to play the game. A lot of users have been complaining of the Aliens Fireteam crashing at startup or desktop. There are quite a number of reasons a game can behave this way, which is what makes it a pain to troubleshoot crashing problems at launch. Stick with this post and we will share some solutions you can deploy to fix the problem.
How to Fix Aliens Fireteam Elite Crashing on Startup or to Desktop
There are a number of reasons a game can crash at startup. In this post, we have highlighted the most obvious reasons. Try each of the solutions one at a time until the Aliens Fireteam Elite crashing problems stops. Start by:
- Update the graphics card drivers
- The first thing you should do when installing a new game is to check for the latest graphics card driver software. Outdated GPU drivers are known to crash games. Some games have special drivers optimized for games. Both AMD and Nvidia regularly release new driver software. Go to their website and download the latest release.
- Launch the game after clean boot
- The reason we suggest a clean boot is because it takes care of a lot of possible causes at once such as a third-party software interfering with the game, other programs consuming too many resources, overclocking software, etc. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager
- Disable one task at a time and restart the system.
- Verify the game files
- If the game is still crashing after following the above steps. Go to the game folder. (Library > right-click on game > Properties > Local Files > Browse)
- Delete the game executable and return to the Steam Library
- Go to Library > right-click on game > Properties > Local Files > click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Disable Overlays
- The Steam Overlay is particular has been known to crash games, but to be fair in the past 6 months we have not seen the Steam Overlay do that, but just to be extra sure, disable it. Disable any other overlay that you may using such as the Discord overlay or the GeForce Experience Overlay.
- Move the game to the same drive as Steam
- Try moving the game to the same drive as the Steam client. Sometimes having the client and the game in different folders can create issues with the game and client communicating with each other.
If the above solutions have failed to yield. Here are some quick solutions you can try to resolve Aliens Fireteam Elite Crashing on Startup or to Desktop.
- Go to the install folder and try to run the game from the executable. Right-click on the executable and choose Run as administrator. If you are on the Windows 11 beta, press Shift and right-click on the executable, choose Run as administrator.
- If the crash is happening after you are able to access the game menu and the settings, set all the graphics options to lowest.
- Go to Steam Library > Right-click on the game > Properties > General tab > Set launch Option > Type -windowed –noborder > Ok.
That’s all we have in this guide. We will update the post when we have more effective solutions to fix the crashing problem with Aliens Fireteam Elite.