Age of Wonders 4 lets you work on your cities and Empire by supplying various resources. You can now supply boosts to your cities by picking Tomes. You can pick your tome quite early in the game, and as you make some progress you can unlock more tomes options and get new affinities. But not all tomes will benefit you, and if you are looking for the best ones to invest in, you have come to the right place. In this guide, we will see which are the best times to pick in Age of Wonders 4.
Age of Wonders 4 – Which are the Best Tomes to Pick
There are 6 Tomes you can work on, excluding the core tome, and all of them have various affinity branches to pick from. Here we will see which are the best tomes to work on in Age of Wonders 4.
Read More: Age of Wonders 4 – How To Get Affinity Points
Here we will be taking a look at the top three affinity tomes under each tome category.
Best Astral Tome in Age of Wonders 4
- Tome of the Arch Mage (Tier V) – Gives Astral Travel improvement, Heart of Astral, and maximizes all magic spells.
- Tome of Summoning (Tier III) – Can make use of powerful Conjure Crystal Keeper spells. Also gives Summoning Well, Seed of Astral, and Wisp Familiar,
- Tome of Amplification (Tier II) – Good for early game, as you can get Resonance Fields and Spell Amplification. Also gives Amplified Arrows province improvement.
Best Chaos Tomes in Age of Wonders 4
- Tome of Pyromancy (Tier I) – Good for early game. You can make use of the Ritual Pyre province improvement. Hero gets Searing Weapons hero skill, which includes Ignite, Fiery Arrows, and Immolate spells.
- Tome of the Daemon Gate (Tier IV) – Heroes will get the Demonic Anthem hero skill. This Tome also gives the Daemon Gate province improvement and the Root of Chaos province improvement
- Tome of the Chaos Lord (Tier V) – Hero gets Daemonic Slaughter hero skill. Tome also gives the Heart of Chaos province improvement
Best Materium Tomes in Age of Wonders 4
- Tome of Enchantment (Tier I) – Gives Runecarver’s Camp province. Heroes get Sundering Strikes skill.
- Tome of Transmutation (Tier III) – Gives Seed of Materium province, Heroes can get Adaptive Armor skill.
- Tome of the Golden Realm (Tier IV) – Improves on Bazaar of Wonders province. Supplies Root of Materium which has spells like Gold Golem and Luxury Markets
Best Nature Tomes in Age of Wonders 4
- Tome of Cycles (Tier III) – Heroes get the Withering Decay skill. Also gives Diffuse Health and Druid of the Cycle skills
- Tome of Nature’s Wrath (Tier IV) – Heroes get Nature’s Avenger hero skill. Can use spells like Summon Horned God and Awaken Instincts
- Tome of the Goddess of Nature (Tier V) – Heroes get the Avatar of Nature skill. Gets spells like Force of Nature and Mass Rejuvenation.
Best Order Tomes in Age of Wonders 4
- Tome of the Beacon (Tier II) – Heroes get Champion of the Faithful skill. Also grants spells such as Summon Lightbringer and Conjure Divine Beacon
- Tome of Sanctuary (Tier III) – Hero gets Sanctify skill, as well as supply spells like Healing Spires and Anointed People. Also gets Sanctuary Province improvement.
- Tome of Exaltation (Tier IV) – Hero gets Exalted Brilliance and spells like Angelize and Resurrect Unit. Also gets Ruler’s Statue province improvement.
Best Shadow Tomes in Age of Wonders 4
- Tome of Souls (Tier I) – Gives Hero Skill Soul Collector. Also grants the Soul Harvest spell
- Tome of Necromancy (Tier II) – Give Unholy Leader hero skill. Gives advanced Soul Harvest spell and Soulwell province improvement
- Tome of the Eternal Lord (Tier V) – Hero gets Eternal One hero skill. Also grants an advanced Soul Harvest spell
That’s all there is to know about the best tomes in Age of Wonders 4. If you like this guide you can check out our other guides as well.