Modern Warfare 2 is one of the most popular video games. However, it’s not without its problems. One of the most common errors players have encountered error code 0x00001338 (0) N. Luckily; you can do a few things to try and fix this error. In this article, we’ll walk you through a few different methods you can use to try and fix the Modern Warfare 2 error code 0x00001338 (0) N and 0x00001337 (0) N.
Also, there are other similar errors in the game such as Error Code 0xc0000005(0) N, error (0x00001338 (5467) N error), Error Code: 0x00001338 (10509) N,
If you are a fan of the Call of Duty franchise, then you are probably familiar with Modern Warfare 2 beta launch. This installment in the series is still under beta, made after one of the most popular games today; the game is drawing in a lot of attention. However, some players have been having problems with error code 0x00001338 (0) N. Luckily, there are a few things you can try to fix this error. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to fix Modern Warfare 2 Error Code 0x00001338 (0) N.
Modern Warfare 2 Error Code 0x00001338 (0) N Fix
If you enjoy the Call of Duty series, you will know how well-liked the Modern Warfare games are. Modern Warfare 2 beta, the most current game in the series, is a major commercial success even in its beta phase. But some gamers have been having trouble with an error code that keeps them from accessing the game.
The Modern Warfare 2 error code 0x00001338 (0) n may have appeared. Playing the game with this error code might be irritating and hard. This post will demonstrate how to resolve this problem code so that you may resume playing your preferred game.
An issue with the game’s files is indicated by the error number 0x00001338 (0). Fortunately, there is a solution to this problem so that you may resume playing the game you adore. We will demonstrate how to resolve error code 0x00001338 in Modern Warfare 2 in this article (0).
Launch the Game Again
In most cases, the Modern Warfare 2 error codes 0x00001338 (0) N and 0x00001337 (0) N are just a glitch, and a relaunch of the game should fix the issue. The error message asks for a scan and repair, but only do that if your game fails to launch the second time. When you launch the game, run it in safe mode and you should be able to play fine.
Switch back to default skins
Several reports have been concerned about this specific trigger that makes the game crash. They repeatedly encounter the same problem number while attempting to play the game, preventing them from finishing even a single match. Fortunately, they were able to resolve the problem by altering their skin. They were all playing using any second skin, which was why their game was crashing since it was faulty.
Make sure you don’t have any skin other than the basic skin before, and try relaunching the game.
Delete the player record folder
The previous step has to be backed with deleting the player data of the game. You may also try removing the “players” folder from CoD Modern Warfare 2 documents to see if it resolves the 0x00001338 problem. After that, your problem should be rectified. However, you might need to reset some of the game’s default settings.
Follow these steps if you don’t know how to delete the “players” folder: In File Explorer, navigate to the Documents folder on your computer.
- Go to your computer’s Documents folder in File Explorer.
- Access the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Beta folder within the Documents folder, then use the right-click menu to choose “Delete” after selecting the player’s folder.
- After that, start the game, change the settings as desired, and test it to see whether the problem persists.
Delete temp files
Windows automatically stores information in temporary files when you reopen files to speed up surfing. These useless transient files might be filling up your hard drive. To get rid of your temporary files, do the following.
- On your desktop, press Win+R.
- Enter %tmp% into the run command box that appears.
- Select all of the PC’s temporary files when they all appear.
- Press enter after pressing shift+del at this stage. After that, your computer will remove all temporary files.
If you encounter similar issues unrelated to server or internet difficulties, it is normally advisable to do a system-wide upgrade, beginning with the graphics drivers. Go to the URL for the GPU you are using to update your graphics drivers.
After you’ve updated your graphics drivers, determine whether the game itself and your system require any more updates. We advise applying all pending updates if there are any. Via OTA updates, developers may deploy hotfixes for well-known and frequent game issues.
Add exceptions in Anti-virus
An external firewall or a third-party Anti Virus program may blame for this problem. This occurs due to the Anti Virus or firewall quarantining some game-related files during a security scan.
If this applies to you, you may start by turning off your antivirus real-time protection.
You can usually accomplish this straight from the Anti Virus suite’s tray bar icon using third-party antivirus software.
The problem might not be resolved by just turning off real-time protection if you are using a firewall and believe this is causing your Call of Duty error because the same security rules will still be in effect even after active network filtering.
The only solution, in this case, is to remove the third-party firewall manually while making sure that no files are left behind that might still result in this problem:
- Enter “appwiz.cpl” in the Run dialogue box after pressing the Windows key + R to launch the Programs and Files menu.
- After entering the Programs and Files menu, go through the list of installed programs until you find the third-party firewall utility you wish to remove.
- After identifying the third-party anti-virus, right-click on it and select Uninstall from the newly displayed context menu to finalize the removal.
- Once done try relaunching the game.
Set high priority for the game
Try setting CoD’s priority in Task Manager to high if you still get the Call of Duty 0x00001338 Error. This procedure will increase your frame rate because you are essentially instructing your CPU to give the CoD Modern Warfare 2 Beta process priority. Additionally, it may also resolve your issue.
Here are the steps you need to do in case you don’t know how to increase Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Beta’s priority in Task Manager:
- By hitting the Windows key + R to enter the Run dialogue box, put “taskmgr” into it, and then press Enter to start Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Beta.
- Click More information in the Task Manager now.
- Right-click the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Beta process and select Go to details from the context menu.
- After entering the Details tab, right-click the CoD Modern Warfare 2 Beta process again, highlight it with the mouse to expand the menu, click on High to adjust the priority, and then right-click again.
Lock VRAM usage
By altering the in-game VRAM settings, a select few gamers have been able to resolve the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 0x00001338 problem. The option is set at 90% use by default; however, decreasing it to 70% fixes the problem.
- Open the Settings menu within the game.
- Access the Graphics tab inside the Settings menu, then choose the Quality subtab.
- Then, find and pick the VRAM Utilization Target option, and reduce the usage percentage to 70%.
- Save the modifications when you’ve finished doing so, then test the game to see whether the problem still occurs.
Turn off Geforce Overlay and XBOX Game Bar
There’s a chance that the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Beta 0x00001338 problem is also brought on by a typical bug that occurs if a screen overlay is seen on your display. The GeForce experience overlay is a screen overlay that has reportedly been implicated in this issue. By turning off the overlay in the GeForce experience program, users were able to repair it.
A few afflicted users have claimed that the Xbox Game Bar, which is by default activated on every Windows version, may be to blame for this problem. A tool made specifically for gamers, the Xbox Game Bar has several functions including video recording, screenshotting, and more. However, occasionally it may result in issues for some games owing to incompatibility; this may be fixed by deactivating the
There are a few things you can do to fix Modern Warfare 2 Error Code 0x00001338 (0) N. First, try removing additional skins. If that doesn’t work, try deleting your game data and reinstalling the game. If you continue to experience this error, you may need to contact support. There are a number of ways to fix Modern Warfare 2 Error Code 0x00001338 (0) N. The most common solution is to restart the game, but if that does not work, you can try resetting your graphics settings, verifying your game files, or updating your graphics drivers. If you are still experiencing the error, you can contact Activision customer support for further assistance.