Frostpunk is the latest game to join the list of free games on the Epic Games Store. You can get the base game for free until 10th of June. Frostpunk is a survival video game with focus on city building. Developed by 11 bit studios, the game was incredibly successful when you released initially. However, like the time of release, a lot of users are again complaining about the Frostpunk Crash and Crash at Startup. Games crashing is normal as they demand a lot of CPU and GPU speed. In this post, we have listed all the possible solutions to the Frostpunk crashing problem.
How to Fix Frostpunk Crash and Crash at Startup
Launch problems and games crashing is one of the most difficult issues to troubleshoot due to the number of causes that can result in the problem. However, there are some causes that are always the culprit in most games. Here are the solutions you can try to fix the Frostpunk crash and crash at startup. Try each solution one after the other as a step. If the problem is fixed, stop and play the game.
- Launch the game after a clean boot. Here are the steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager
- Disable one task at a time and restart the system.
- Disable the antivirus temporarily or check the anti-viruses quarantine folder. You can also try whitelisting the game on the antivirus.
- Update the operating system.
- Provide admin permission to the game and the Steam client. This is one of the main reasons behind games crashing at startup.
- Disable Overlays such as Discord Overlay, and GeForce Experience Overlay.
- Run the game in Windowed Mode. Press Alt + Enter to go into the mode.
- Update the graphics card diver to the latest available.
- Limit the FPS of the game and set it to 30. Check the performance and increase to 60. Once you have a stable FPS without a crash, stop there.
- Ensure that you are not overclocking the GPU or CPU. This includes the Intel Turbo boost. Also, if you have MSI Afterburner or other RGB software running in the background, terminate the programs before launching the game.
- If the game is crashing at startup, verify the game files. Here are the steps:
- Launch the Epic Games Store > go to Library > Frostpunk > click on 3 dots near the title and select Verify.
- Whitelist the game on your antivirus software.
- Reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributables files
- Reinstall the game.
That’s all we have in this guide. We hope that the Frostpunk crash and crash at startup are fixed. If you have a better solution, you can share it with our users via the comments, simply scroll down.