Released yesterday, players have been complaining of the Football Manager 2021 stuttering and low FPS, especially in scenes that require more resources such as the 3 dimensional presentation during match-day. Needless to say, it’s an annoying experience and you need to resolve it ASAP. We have a range of solutions that can reduce the stutter and improve frame-rate. Keep scrolling for more.
Fix Football Manager 2021 Stuttering And Low FPS
Here are all the solutions you can try to resolve the Football Manager 2021 Stuttering And Low FPS. However, before you proceed ensure that your system meets the following:
- Your system meets the minimum specifications to play the game.
- Reduce the graphics quality including crowd and patch quality.
- Use the 2D option for basic match-day presentation.
- Use an SSD.
- Enable threaded optimization.
Below are some of the other optimizations you can try.
Terminate Unnecessary Applications
With so many games, third-party software that forcefully inject themselves between operations cause crash in the game. Hence, the first thing we must do to resolve the Football Manager 2021 stuttering and FPS drop is suspend all unnecessary programs and then launch the game. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- In General tab, uncheck Load startup items
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Click on Apply and OK.
Try launching the game, check if the error still occurs.
Enable/Disable Fullscreen Mode
Running the game after enabling the in-game fullscreen mode seems to fix a lot of stuttering problem in the game. Users who ran the game on Windowed mode encountered lag and stuttering problem. So, head over to the Settings and enable the fullscreen mode. If you are already running the game on fullscreen, try changing to windowed that can potentially reduce stutter with the game.
Disable Fullscreen Optimization and Run as Admin
We have seen that disabling the fullscreen optimization from the game’s properties also helps reduce stuttering in games. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Right Click on FootballManager2021.exe at the install directory or the game’s shortcut.
- Select Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck Disable Fullscreen Optimization and check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply and Ok.
Update the Graphics Card
It’s a gamer’s modus operandi to keep the graphics card and all the other software on the system updated. The graphics card in particular is important because it directly impacts your game performance. Nvidia and AMD both release updates for their driver fairly regularly. Go to the official website of your graphics card manufacturer and check if a new driver is available or use GeForce Experience to check for the driver. Download and install the new drivers. If the Football Manager 2021 stuttering and FPS drop started after a driver update, consider rolling back.
Change Nvidia Settings
In the next step to fix Football Manager 2021 Stuttering, FPS Drop, and Performance Issues, we will set the Nvidia for performance. Here are the steps.
- Right-click on Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- Expand 3D Settings and click on Adjust image settings with preview
- Check Use my preference emphasizing: Quality (for users who have a powerful PC, you can allow the app to decide and select Let the 3D application decide)
- Drag the bar to Performance (there are three options Performance – Balanced – Quality)
- Click on Apply to implement the changes
- Next, go to the Manage 3D settings under 3D Settings
- Click on Program Settings and select Football Manager 2021 (if the game is not in the drop-down list, click Add, browse and add the game)
- Under 2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program: choose High-performance NVIDIA processor
- Under 3. Specify the settings for this program, set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance and Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames to 1.
Alter the Power Options in Window 10
For users who do not have an effective CPU cooler, you may want to skip this step as it would increase the CPU temperature by a few degrees. Without proper cooling, it may harm your system. Here are the steps to follow.
- Click on the battery icon in the System Tray and drag the button to Best Performance
- Right-click on the battery icon and select Power Options
- Click on the Change plan settings link
- Click on Change advanced power settings
- Locate Processor power management and click on the plus sign to expand
- Expand Minimum processor state and set it to 100%, next expand Maximum processor state and set it to 100%
- Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
Configure Game Settings from the Registry
This fix will not just resolve your Football Manager 2021 FPS drop, lag, and stuttering, but with all other games and applications. However, before you proceed do take a backup of the registry. Here are the steps:
- Type Regedit in the Windows Search tab and select Run as administrator
- Click on Files > Export. Name the backup and save it at your desired location
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > System > GameConfigStore
- From the right panel, double-click on GameDVR_Enabled
- Set the Value data to 0, Base as Hexadecimal and click OK
- Next, double-click on GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode
- Set the Value data as 2 and Base as Hexadecimal and click OK
- Go back and expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > PolicyManager > default > ApplicationManagement > AllowGameDVR
- From the right panel, double-click on value
- Delete 1 and set it to 0, click Ok and restart your computer.
Set Windows for Best Performance
In the Windows search tab, type performance and select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. Check Adjust for best performance. Click Apply and OK. Check if the Football Manager 2021 stutter and lag still occur.
Delete Temporary Files from Windows
Again, this is another general step to speed up the system and ultimately fix the Football Manager 2021 FPS drop, stuttering, and other performance problems. Here are the steps you can follow to clear the temporary files on PC.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing on Windows Key + R
- Type %temp% in the field and hit Enter
- Press Ctrl + A and hit Delete (if you cannot delete some files, let them be and close the Window)
- Again, press Windows Key + R and type temp, hit Enter
- When prompted provide the permission. Delete everything in this folder as well.
- Again, press Windows Key + R and type prefetch, hit Enter
- Press Ctrl + A to select everything and hit the Delete key (skip files that do not delete)
After you are done with the above three processes, empty the Recycle Bin.
That’s all we have in this guide, hope the Football Manager 2021 stuttering and FPS drop is resolved. If you have more working solutions share them in the comments.