Fix DOOM Eternal Save Not WorkingJune 27, 2020
Under normal circumstances, DOOM Eternal saves the game progress automatically. When you see the notification ‘Checkpoint Reached’, your progress of the game is saved to that point. But, since the initial days of releases users have been complaining of a bug that does not allow them to save the game. In this guide, we will share everything about the DOOM Eternal save not working.
The most probable cause of the save not working in DOOM Eternal is the cache or similar files that may be corrupted and is somehow not syncing with the save files of the game.
A user on Reddit suggest a very effective fix. Here is what you can do.
- Close the Steam client from Task Manager
- Go to this path C > Program Files (x86) > Steam > userdata > your user Id > 782330 > remote
- Delete the file “remotecache.vdf” and other numbered files (do not delete the ‘remote’ folder itself, just the files)
- Delete all the “GAME-AUTOSAVE#” folders inside your “remote” folder (Before you delete files, create a backup so you don’t lose the save)
- Don’t delete the PROFILE” folder or you could lose a lot of stuff
- Now, launch Steam and try playing the game, the save not working problem should be fixed.
If you don’t know how to restore the backup save files, comment and I will help you.
Besides this fix, there are a number of other solutions you can try. One of them is restoring the system. If you take backups at regular intervals, you could use the backup. Here is an excerpt from the fix suggested by a Redditor.
“I was able to restore the save files to an earlier state using the file history feature of windows 10. I lost some progress but did not have to start from the beginning.”
If you still face the problem, let us know and we will try to help.