The Black Ops Cold War Error Code BLZBNTBGS00000BC6 with the message “Server Disconnected” is not an error specific to Black Ops Cold War, it’s a general connection error with Battle.Net client. Ever since the release of the game a few days back players have been reporting a variety of errors with the launcher. You can read about other Battle.Net errors by scrolling down the post. In this post, we will tell you all about the BLZBNTBGS00000BC6 error is possible workaround. Keep scrolling to read more.
Fix Black Ops Cold War Error Code BLZBNTBGS00000BC6 ‘Server Disconnected’
Although most Blizzard error codes can appear across devices, this particular error occurs with PC. It can be caused by a range of issues, mostly due to a fault in server services, but can also be due to a fault with the host’s network hardware. Here is what the complete error message states, “SERVER DISCONNECTED. Connection to the Blizzard game server has been lost. Please exit and try again. Error Code: BLZBNTBGS00000BC6.”
The first step you should take when you encounter the Black Ops Cold War Error Code BLZBNTBGS00000BC6 “Server Disconnected” is to verify the status of the server. You can follow this link to check the servers.
If the servers are functioning desirably, the problem can be at your end. In that case, we have several solutions that can potentially resolve the error, but you should note that these are not universal solutions, meaning it may work for one user, but fail for the other. Since the system specifications and hardware configuration of each user is different, darting the exact cause of the problem is impossible. However, the below solutions seems to work for most users.
- It is always recommended that you play the game over Powerline, Ethernet, or MoCA rather than wireless connections. Cable connections, fiber, and DSL are best for online games. On the other hand, internet service providers such as satellite, wireless, and cellular are less reliable for online gaming.
- Resetting the network hardware such as modem or router is known to resolve issues such as this. A number of users have been able to resolve the Black Ops Cold War error code BLZBNTBGS00000BC6 by resetting the router.
- Try terminating all programs running in the background. We ideally want to close programs that may be using the internet, but just to be more comprehensive in addressing any other problems caused by third-party programs, we will suspend all programs. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter
- Go to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Now, click Disable all
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager
- Disable one task at a time and restart the system.
- Switch to Google DNS. Here are the steps.
- Press Windows Key + I and select Network & Internet
- Click on Change adapter options
- Right-click on your connection and select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties
- Toggle Use the following DNS server addresses and enter primary as 126.96.36.199 and secondary as 188.8.131.52
- Save the changes.
- Flush DNS using Command Prompt. Here are the steps.
- Type cmd in the Windows Search and select Run as administrator from the right panel
- Copy and paste or type ipconfig /release, hit Enter
- Copy and paste or type ipconfig /renew, hit Enter
- Copy and paste or type ipconfig /flushdns, hit Enter (after hitting Enter after each command, wait for the process to complete).
- While you are playing the game, do not use any other device connected to the same network. Also, terminate bandwidth-intensive tasks such as Netflix, YouTube, or other video streaming services, file transfer (torrents), etc.
- Try playing the game using a VPN. You may try using ExpressVPN.
That’s all we have in this guide, hope that the Black Ops Cold War Error Code BLZBNTBGS00000BC6 ‘Server Disconnected’ error is fixed. If you have a better solution, share it in the comments.