Among US first launched in 2018, but over the past several months, the game has gained immense popularity with popular streamers competing with one another in the game. This has led to an unexpected surge of players on the platform. At the time of writing this post, the current player count is estimated at 1.5 million. While this is great news for the developers, it’s leading the game servers to overburden and cause various types of server error such as disconnected from the server, reliable packet 1, and others. So, the obvious question after multiple attempts to get online is are the Among Us servers down for maintenance and what can you do about it. Stick around and we will help you fix Among Us server is down.
Is Among Us Down Right Now
Whenever you face difficulty getting online and joining a game, it could mean two things. Either the server is down or there is a problem with your connection. The first thing you should do is verify there is no problem locally i.e. you internet connection is fine and working desirably at consistent bandwidth speed.
Once you have confirmed the internet connection is working, check the status of the Among Us servers. There are various ways you can do this. The first step should be to visit the official Twitter handle of the company, use this link.
Often times, you can encounter server problems when the game is not updated. It’s recommended by the developers that you update the game to avoid problems with the game. On your respective device, check for an update to the game.
Another workaround for server problems is to change the your servers, you can do this by pressing on the globe icon and selecting a server that is less busy. Most server problems are occurring in NA due to the popularity of the game here, so select European so Asia servers.
You can also check the servers or if other players in your region are experiencing similar problems by visiting third-party websites like Downdetector. These websites report the number of players in your region that are going through similar problems. Another option to check the status of the server is through the Subreddit of the game. Here is a link to Reddit.
In case, there is no server problem, you may want to verify your connection to the game and perform basics troubleshooting such as:
- Switch to a wired internet connection such as Powerline, Ethernet Cable, or MoCA. Using Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot can be the cause of several errors in games.
- Reset the internet router or modem
- Cable connections, fiber, and DSL offer the best gaming experience. On the other hand, internet service providers such as satellite, wireless, and cellular are less reliable for online gaming.
- If a wired internet connection is not an option, consider:
- Changing the channel on your wireless router; ideally, the one that is used the least.
- Try shifting from 2.4GHz to 5GHz or vice versa.
- Ensure that the router is placed closer to the console or PC and not blocked by a wall or other obstacles that can block the Wi-Fi signal.
- Adjust the router’s antennae.
- Change your network connection. Try using a different internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, try playing the game through your mobile internet.
- Do not use other devices on the same network such as tablets, cell phones, etc. while playing Among Us.
- Terminate bandwidth-intensive tasks such as Netflix, YouTube, or other video streaming services, file transfer (torrents), etc.
- Ensure you are using the latest hardware and firmware. Get in touch with your ISP and ensure the network equipment such as modems, cables, routers, switches, etc. are all up-to-date and working as intended.
- Ensure your NAT type is Open.
- Call the ISP for help with the problem.
That’s all we have in this guide, hope you found it helpful and the Among Us server is down problem is fixed.