Alien: Isolation is the latest free game on Epic Games Store. You can grab a copy of the game absolutely free until 29th April. However, if you are on this page you already know that and probably have downloaded the game and struggling to launch it. Alien: Isolation is a decent game and worth the time, especially when it’s given for free. However, Alien Isolation crash at startup, won’t launch, or crashing at launch are problem that have existed with the game ever since launch. Fortunately, there are certain solutions you can try to fix the error.
Fix Alien Isolation Crash at Startup, Won’t Launch, or Crashing at Launch
As with most crashes, there are more than one solution for the Alien: Isolation crash at startup, won’t launch, or crashing at launch. Here are the fixes we suggest you try.
- Ensure that you are not overclocking. OC can have game crash. If you are using a software like MSI Afterburner, turn it off and try to launch the game.
- If you have connected a second display that may be the reason the game is crashing. Remove the secondary display such or monitors or projectors and attempt to play the game.
- If you have installed the game on an external drive, move it to the drive where Steam is installed and the game may launch normally. Additionally, you can also try to move the game to the drive where the OS is installed.
- Some users have reported that installing the game on Windows 10 OS fixes the crash at startup. So, if that’s an option you are willing to try, it may resolve the issue.
- Another software that known to crash the game is Rive Tuner, disable it and try to play the game.
- If the Alien Isolation crash at startup is still occurring it could be due to overlays. Turn off the Steam, Discord, and GeForce Experience Overlay and see if that improves the situation.
- If you are getting mid-game crashes, it may have to do with the resolution. Try to lower the resolution or play the game in Windowed mode.
- If the crashes are occurring due to performance issues, installing the game on an SSD may resolve the problem.
Finally, if nothing has worked, it’s worth a shot to update the OS and the video drivers on the system. Hopefully, the above solutions have resolved the Alien: Isolation crash at startup, won’t launch or crashing at launch. If you have a better solution, let us know in the comments.