During the lockdown, we have accustomed ourselves to a lot of new technologies. Video calls being one of the very basics. Video call service Zoom has been a hot favorite of many people for its ease of access and user-friendly interface. And although there hasn’t been an official release, Zoom can now be accessed on your gaming console. Read on to find out how to use Zoom on PS4 and PS5.
Zoom is widely used in higher education and has an array of tools to support virtual classes. The popularity for this app skyrocketed post-March 20’ with it being used for Proctoring, Audio Conferencing, Game Streaming, Transcribing a cloud recording amongst others.
How to Access Zoom App on PS4
- Go to Google Play Store on your mobile phone and search for Zoom Cloud Meeting or Zoom app. Download and Install the app.
- After installing Zoom, go back again to Google Play Store and search and install Screen Mirroring app.
- Next switch on your PS4, go to the settings section, select applications and open the web browser.
- Type in the following link in the browser: http://tvee.app/screen-mirroring and Click Go.
- You will now get a QR code which you need to scan and enter it in the screen mirroring app.
- Your mobile phone screen will now be able to display your PS4 screen.
- Next, open the Zoom app on your android mobile device.
- Login with your details and sign in.
- You can now take a video and host and host a meeting like you would do on a PS4.
How to Access Zoom App on PS5
For the PS5, you will need to access the gaming console’s hidden web browser via the following steps:
- Go to Settings and select User and Accounts.
- Choose Link with Other Services.
- Select Twitter to go to the Web Browser.
- Next, on the top left corner click on the Twitter logo.
- You will now go to twitter’s browser user interface.
- Log In and now you should have access to PS5 web browser.
With apps like Zoom, it’s a lot easier for gamers to now use their gaming console’s (PS4 and PS5) in coordination with teleconferencing apps to stream games across the globe, play with friends, or simply share the passion for gaming as a social activity.