Modern Warfare 2 is scheduled to come out on next-generation consoles, PCs, and Steam this coming October 28th. This highly anticipated game has already been well received among Call of Duty fans worldwide, who have high expectations for it. However, a few skeptics remain cautious due to uncertainty about its overseas performance since they’ve yet seen nothing from Infinity Ward or Activision. However, these concerns are put to rest once we see how the developers plan on making Modern Warfare 2 work internationally.
The Dolphin dive is a movement that was first seen in the Call of Duty: Black Ops game. To do the Dolphin dive, you need to make your character sprint and then go into a prone position while still in motion. If you do these two things correctly, your character will jump forward and drop into a prone position. This move lets you quickly change your stance while you’re moving. This will confuse your enemies and give you an advantage.
Continue reading further to know how to perform a dolphin dive in Modern Warfare 2.
How to Perform a Dolphin Dive?
There are a few things you will need to do before you can dolphin dive consistently. Although you don’t have to change this setting, doing so will give you better results.
To get started,
- Go to your game’s settings menu and select the ‘Keyboard and Mouse’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Gameplay’ tab at the top of the screen.
- Then, under ‘Movement behaviors,’ scroll down to ‘Automatic sprint’ and click on it.
- This will open a drop-down menu.
- Here, choose ‘Automatic Tactical Sprint.’
- With this setting enabled, your character will automatically perform a tactical sprint whenever you press the forward movement key, which is ‘W’ by default on PC.
Dolphin diving on a console is similar to the PC process. To dolphin dive in a tactical sprint, press and hold the ‘Change stance’ key. The default key for this,
- On PlayStation consoles is ‘O’
- For XBOX is ‘B’
This sums up our guide on how to perform a dolphin dive in Modern Warfare 2. Also, be sure to check out our other guides on the game for more tips and tricks.