Fallout 76 is an online multiplayer game by Bethesda. Players can play the game solo or with up to 3 other players. Fallout 76 is a prequel for all the games in the series. Players need to kill mutated monsters to survive and collect resources. To survive and defend yourself, the game has many weapons and a chainsaw is one of them.
Chainsaw is a good weapon and can defeat your foes by sawing through them. A chainsaw is fun to use but a pain to get because it can not be obtained by crafting.
In this guide, you can see the various location where the chainsaw can be obtained and which mod to attach to the chainsaw.
How to get a chainsaw in Fallout 76?
Chainsaw is in the game from the start but players don’t use it often as it only spawns in certain locations and can’t be crafted. Here are a few areas where you can find chainsaws:
- Crimson Prospect: it can appear southwest of the area next to a bus.
- Metal Dome: can be found in a small metal building around the area.
- Mountainside Bed & Breakfast: Spawns in the basement. But to unlock the basement, players need to purchase a room and allow the cannibals to attack you and this will unlock the basement.
- Pleasant Valley Cabins: can be found at the base of a pine tree to the west of the area.
- Ranger District Office: can be found on a cabinet opposite the cages.
- The foundry: There are three spawns in the foundry:
1. Metal shelf next to weapons workbench on the canal.
2. On the floor in the Warehouse, next to the ramp leading to the shipping container, near a painted sign on the floor pointing to the belts.
3. In twin cauldron, on a metal shelf in the uppermost light blue metal room.
These are the several locations, players can find The Chainsaw. After obtaining the chainsaw, a player can start receiving Chainsaw as a legendary reward from the Purveyor and from certain missions.
Before using the Chainsaw as the main weapon, the player needs to attach some mods to make it better. To start modding the Chainsaw, players require the Makeshift Warrior perk to upgrade it to level 4. These are the mods. Players can attach to the chainsaw:
- Dual bar: this will double the damage of the Chainsaw and increase the AP cost by 25%.
- Bow Bar: This will make the chainsaw armour piercing and increase the AP cost by 25%.
- Longbow bar: this will make the target inflict bleed (10 bleeds over 5sec)and increase the AP cost by 25%.
If you find this guide on How to get the Chainsaw in Fallout 76 helpful, you can check our website for such guides.