The yearly installment of NBA 2K22 is out and the game has for the first time is available for the next-gen console after its debut last year, but a lot of players are complaining of NBA 2K22 Crashing on Xbox Series X. At the time, it appears the game is simply not optimized well enough for the new console. Fortunately, you do not have to wait for a patch to play the game, there are some solutions that can help you fix the error and get into the game. Keep reading to know more.
How to Fix NBA 2K22 Crashing on Xbox Series X|S
At the time of writing, there does not seem to be a pattern to the crashing issue. Some players have crashed after claiming the season reward, upgrading the player, when playing the mycareer, etc. Here are all the solutions you can try to fix the 2K22 Crashing on Xbox Series X.
Before you start with the solutions, you should know that the developers are aware of the issue and working on a solution. The ETA for the fix is promised to arrive in the next 24 hours.
- If you have more than 100 friends on your friend list, the game can crash. So, if you have more friends bring the number below 100, reboot the console, and start the game. The crashing should be gone.
- Change the resolution. Try playing the game at 720p. The game will not look visually appealing, but you should be able to play without crashing.
- If you are playing on 4K resolution, change to 1080p, and then go back to the original. Now, try to play the game. This is not a guaranteed fix, but it’s worked for some players.
- Avoid the menu. It seems like there is a bug that crashes the game when the menu loads up. So, what you need to do is load the game > load Mycareer > when the MyCareer is loading, spam the D-pad to bring up the map. This will skip the menu and your game should not crash.
- Turn of the Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) from the Video Settings.
- Switch the servers. Change to the US server. The game is not out of US and it will tell you that. Now, switch back to New Zealand and hopefully the game will not crash.
After you have exhausted the above fixes or a later date if you encounter the game crashing on Xbox Series X, here are some things you can do.
- Ensure that the game is updated – There was a patch a few hours back Version 220.127.116.11 for Xbox Series X|S. It’s 851.52 MB. Ensure that you have update the game with the patch.
- Completeley reboot the Xbox Series X|S and the network hardware such as router/modem.
- Clear the Saved Data from the console for NBA 2K22.
- Finaly, ensure that the system software for the console is up-to-date.
These are all the solutions you can try at the moment. All of these solutions are temporary and you should wait for a permanent fix to arrive in the next 24 hours to fix NBA 2K22 Crashing on Xbox Series X|S.