Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA 5 are yet other action-packed adventure games that are developed and published by Rockstar Games. Because of its graphics, story, and gameplay, there are millions of fans of these games around the world. You can play them on Microsoft Windows, Google Stadia, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. However, players are recently getting error codes 134 & 139.
The main reason for these error codes is related to its launcher which means it has some issues in the software and it can’t be fixed simply by restarting the game. However, we have found out several solutions which we have mentioned in the following.
How to Fix GTA 5 and RDR2 Rockstar Launcher Error Code 134 & 149
FOR THE RDR2 ROCKSTAR GAME
If you want to fix error codes 134 & 149 in the RDR2 Rockstar game, check out the following methods to fix.
Method 1: Try mobile hotspot internet connection
One of the players on Reddit has given a solution to fix Error Code 134 in the RDR2 PC game is to connect PC using a mobile hotspot. This way, the game launches perfectly. However, ensure to update the RDR2 game initiator once.
If this solution doesn’t work, you may proceed to the next method to get rid of error codes 134 or 149 easily.
Method 2: Delete the ‘Settings’ folder
1. Go to the location in the run box – %USERPROFILE%/documents/Rockstar Games/Red Dead Redemption 2 location.
2. Next, go to the ‘Settings’ file in the location.
3. Now, delete the folder called ‘Settings’.
4. And ultimately, reboot the game and you will see, it will run smoothly without any problems as it will create a new settings file by default.
Furthermore, you can also verify your RDR2 installed game file whether or not any file is corrupted or missing. It is also advisable to disable the background running Antivirus software.
For the Console players, as soon as you get the error code 134 and 149, close the X button on your controller and press the Play again option immediately. Thus, if you will do it multiple times, the game will start smoothly.
FOR THE GTA 5 GAME
Method 1: Relaunching GTA 5 again
We know that this is a simple and weird solution, but many players have resolved the error code 134 & 149 by just restarting the PC. This way, it will kill off active processes and tasks. Once you restart your PC, you may launch your game again and there will be no errors.
Method 2: Update the Rockstar Launcher
As we have mentioned above, this error code is related to Rockstar Launcher itself, so make to update your Rockstar Launcher. To do this:
1. Access the launder’s files without using Epic Games’ or Steam’s launchers. It is very important. Because of some reasons, these platforms prevent launcher updates.
2. Go to your files, and check for the ‘GTAVLauncher.exe’ file.
3. It quickly start up the launcher. In case, your version is not up to date, then launch this .exe and it will certainly start its updating process.
That’s all folks! We hope that any of these possible solutions will help you and you can play the games GTA 5 and RDR2 again. For any questions, please let us know in the comments below.