Genshin Impact Version 4.0 is finally here and with the new nation of Fontaine, we now have the first Fontaine 5-star Lyney who has been teased from the start of the game as a performing magician from Fontaine. Lyney is a unique DPS character and will set the trend for future Fontaine characters in general so this build guide couldn’t have come any sooner.
Lyney is a 5-star Pyro bow DPS and specifically, he’s a Charged Shot DPS similar to Ganyu but much more single-target oriented even though he too does have an AoE burst. In this article, we will discuss a basic build guide for Lyney so that you can dish out those sweet magical numbers on your screen.
How to Build Lyney in Genshin Impact 4.0 Fontaine
As a 5-star Pyro bow user with Charged Shot DPS, Lyney has competition with some of the best DPS units in the game, namely- Ganyu and Yoimiya. While he doesn’t powercreep the epitome of Ganyu, he isn’t too far behind in terms of DPS output. As with any other normal main DPS unit in the game, his stat preferences are as follows:
CRIT DMG > ATK% & CRIT Rate > ER%
Lyney’s best artifact sets are listed below in descending order of their DPS output and viability:
- Marechaussee Hunter is his BiS (Best-in-slot) as it’s handcrafted for him and other Fontaine characters.
- Lavawalker is a powerful and easy-to-use alternative in mono-Pyro or triple-Pyro teams.
- Retracing Bolide when used with a shielder becomes a viable option.
- Wanderer’s Troupe is a standard DPS set for bow users that also increases that Charged Shot DMG.
- Desert Pavilion Chronicle is another great alternative since the 4-pc passive is just too good to pass up even though it’s a set for Anemo DPS units.
- Shimenawa’s Reminiscence is another viable and potent option if you have enough ER% from your substats.
- Vermillion Hereafter is also a good option if you can use Lyney’s burst at the start of his rotation followed by his Charged Attacks and Skill.
Typically you’ll want ATK% on your Sands, Pyro DMG Bonus on our Goblet and CRIT on your Circlet. Since he gets a lot of CRIT Rate from his ascension stats and from his Marechaussee Set, you can instead focus on CRIT DMG on his substats and Circlet.
Lyney’s best 5-star weapons are listed according to their potency and DPS output in descending order:
- The First Great Magic (Signature BiS)
- Aqua Simulacra
- Thundering Pulse
- Polar Star
- Skyward Harp
- Amos Bow
He also has great 4-star options with some of them even being F2P ones:
- Scion of the Blazing Sun (New BP Weapon)
- The Viridescent Hunt (BP Weapon)
- Prototype Crescent (F2P Craftable)
- Blackcliff Warbow (Shop)
- Song of Stillness (New F2P Craftable)
Lyney’s kit may look complicated like a magic trick explained with walls of text- but in practice, he’s rather simple to use. You only need to repeatedly use your Charged Shot twice before deploying his Skill and follow that with his Burst. You’ll only need to read those walls of text and regulate your rotations to get the maximum damage out of him with your specific weapon and artifact set but even without optimising his rotation, he dishes out a lot of damage- even for the Abyss.