Armored Core 6 performs much better than Elden Rings, but the game still has issues. EAC has been one of the main reasons for the crash in the game. Some of the errors users have been facing are AC6 stuttering, white screen crash on launch, Easy Anti Cheat Error 30005, and many others. Many players have also received the Armored Core 6 black screen on startup. If you are facing a similar or same problem, we have specific solutions that can make life easy for you.
AC6 Black Screen on Startup Fix
Since the game came out, many players have complained about the EAC and a bug with the game’s resolution. When Elden Rings first came out, numerous issues revolved around the EAC, and players found ways to go past the EAC to play the game offline. Bypassing the EAC will not allow you to play the game’s multiplayer aspect, but you can still enjoy the campaign. Here are some fixes you can try to resolve the Armored Core 6 black screen on startup.
EAC Bypass Method
The first solution you should explore is what worked for users to play Elden Ring offline. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Locate the Game Folder: Navigate to the installation directory of the game. Typically, this can be found under the Steam installation path. For instance, the path might be “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON\Game.”
- Create a Text File: Inside the game’s folder, create a plain text file using a text editor like Notepad. Save this file as “steam_appid.txt.”
- Insert App ID: Open the “steam_appid.txt” file and input the game’s App ID, 1888160. This ID is unique to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon.
- Launch the Game: Now, attempt to launch the game by running the game’s executable file directly, bypassing the Steam launcher. This action should help you avoid encountering EAC-related crashes.
Change Resolution Anything Other Than 1440p
For some reason, AC3 does not support the 1440p resolution, as confirmed by many players on Steam. That may be the issue if you are trying to run the game at 1440p. Switch to something like 4K or another resolution, and the game should work. Here is how you can change the resolution of the game.
- Hit Alt + Enter, switching the display mode to Borderless Window.
- You should now be able to access the System Options and change the resolution.
Disable FreeSync, G-Sync, and Adaptive Sync
FreeSync or G-Sync may be another cause of the issue, as it is related to your screen display. Both these technologies do the same thing. They prevent screen-tearing by matching the refresh rate of the GPU and the monitor. But, a bug in the game or some other issue can cause issues such as a white screen or black screen. Here is how you can disable FreeSync and G-Sync.
Adaptive Sync is the same technology as the above two, but the manufacturer of your monitor provides it. Go to the monitor settings, find Adaptive Sync, and turn it off.
Update the Graphics Driver
If none of the above fixes worked and you are not on the latest GPU driver software. Downloading the latest Game Ready Drivers or the AMD variant is worth a shot. You should be on the latest drivers for all new game launches.
Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes, corrupted or missing game files can lead to black screen issues. Steam provides a built-in feature to verify the integrity of game files. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on “Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon” and select “Properties.”
- Navigate to the “Local Files” tab and click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
This process will ensure that any missing or corrupted files are identified and replaced.
These are all the solutions you can try to fix the AC6 black screen on startup. We will update this post with more relevant fixes as we explore the issue further. Meanwhile, please comment if something worked for you so users can try it first. If you have a solution of your own that we did not cover, post them in the comments as well.