Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon is an eagerly anticipated addition to the long-standing Armored Core series, promising intense mech battles and a captivating storyline. However, for some players, the excitement has been dampened by a frustrating issue – the dreaded whitescreen crash on launch. This problem seems to be related to anti-cheat software, particularly Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC), interfering with the game’s launch process. In this article, we will delve into the issue and discuss a temporary solution that allows players to enjoy the game offline.
The issue at hand involves players encountering a whitescreen crash immediately upon launching Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon. The crash is swift and often follows the appearance of DRM-related processes. It is suspected that the primary culprit is Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC), a third-party anti-cheat system integrated into the game to prevent cheating and hacking.
While EAC is designed to enhance gameplay experiences by ensuring fair play, it sometimes interacts adversely with certain system configurations, causing legitimate players to face launch crashes and other compatibility problems.
How to Fix Armored Core 6 Whitescreen Crash on Launch
If you’re getting this issue in Armored Core 6 then don’t worry. Here are some solutions to fix this issue.
EAC Bypass Method
The temporary solution for the Armored Core VI white screen crash on launch involves following these steps:
- Locate the Game Folder: Navigate to the installation directory of the game. Typically, this can be found under the Steam installation path. For instance, the path might be “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON\Game.”
- Create a Text File: Inside the game’s folder, create a plain text file using a text editor like Notepad. Save this file as “steam_appid.txt.”
- Insert App ID: Open the “steam_appid.txt” file and input the game’s App ID, which is 1888160. This ID is unique to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon.
- Launch the Game: Now, attempt to launch the game by running the game’s executable file directly, bypassing the Steam launcher. This action should help you avoid encountering EAC-related crashes.
For some reason, AC3 does not support the 1440p resolution as confirmed by a lot of players on Steam. So, if you are trying to run the game at 1440p that may be the issue. Switch to something like 4K or some other resolution, and the game should work. Here is how you can change the resolution of the game.
- Hit Alt + Enter, switching the display mode to Borderless Window.
- You should now be able to access the System Options and change the resolution from there.
Verify Game Files
Sometimes, corrupted or missing game files can lead to launch crashes. Steam provides a built-in feature to verify the integrity of game files. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on “Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon” and select “Properties.”
- Navigate to the “Local Files” tab and click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
This process will ensure that any missing or corrupted files are identified and replaced.
Update Graphics Drivers
Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can often lead to crashes or graphical glitches. Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your GPU. Visit the website of your GPU manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) to download and install the most recent drivers.
The steps for this solution are straightforward:
- Locate the Game Folder: Navigate to the installation directory of Armored Core VI. This is typically found within the Steam installation path, under “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON.”
- Identify “start_protected_game.exe”: Within the game folder, find the executable file named “start_protected_game.exe.” This is the component responsible for initiating the game’s launch process.
- Access Properties: Right-click on “start_protected_game.exe” and choose “Properties” from the context menu.
- Navigate to Compatibility Settings: Within the Properties window, navigate to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Select Compatibility Mode: Check the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and choose “Windows 8” from the drop-down menu.
- Apply Changes: After selecting Windows 8 compatibility mode, click the “Apply” button to save the changes.
Disable Overlays and Third-Party Software
Overlay and third-party software (such as Discord overlay, MSI Afterburner, or OBS) can sometimes conflict with game launches. Try disabling or closing these programs before launching Armored Core VI to see if the issue persists.
Run as Administrator
Running the game as an administrator can sometimes resolve compatibility issues. Right-click on the game’s executable file, select “Run as administrator,” and see if the white screen crash still occurs.
Ensuring your operating system is up to date can help resolve various compatibility issues. Check for Windows updates and install any pending updates.
Check for Background Applications
Background applications running on your computer can consume system resources and potentially interfere with the game’s launch. Close unnecessary applications before starting the game.
Reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat
It’s possible that the Easy Anti-Cheat software itself has become corrupted. Try reinstalling Easy Anti-Cheat by following these steps:
- Navigate to the game’s installation directory.
- Look for the “EasyAntiCheat” folder and run the “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe” file.
- Select “Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon” from the list and choose “Repair Service.”
Wait for Official Updates
Developers often release patches and updates to address compatibility issues and crashes. Keep an eye on official game channels, forums, and social media for news about upcoming updates.
If none of the solutions seem to work, consider reaching out to the game’s official support channels. They might be aware of the issue and have additional insights or workarounds to share.