The thrill of diving into the captivating universe of Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon can be instantly dampened by one of the most vexing issues in gaming – stuttering. When a game that boasts intense mech battles and immersive storylines is marred by stuttering, it can be frustrating for even the most seasoned gamers. If you find yourself with a PC that’s more than capable but still facing stuttering issues from the opening dev intro movies to the gameplay, fear not – we’ve compiled a comprehensive guide to help you regain that seamless gaming experience.
How to Fix Armored Core 6 Stuttering Issue
Shuttering issues are common in games and are generally caused by technical issues in games. But there some workarounds to fix this issue. Here are some methods to solve the shuttering issue in Arored Core 6.
1. Switch Display Modes
A common first step to mitigate stuttering involves adjusting the display mode. If you’re experiencing stuttering in fullscreen mode, consider switching to borderless window mode, or vice versa. Here’s how:
- Launch Armored Core VI.
- While in the game, press Alt + Enter to toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode.
Disabling Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC):
- Navigate to the game’s installation folder. Typically, this path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON\Game
- Create a new text file in this directory and name it
- Open the
steam_appid.txtfile and type the game’s App ID, which is 1888160. Save the file.
Setting Core Affinity
- After launching the game, open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and go to the “Details” tab.
- Locate the
armoredcore6.exeprocess, right-click on it, and select “Set affinity.”
- Uncheck all cores except for Core 0 (UC 0). Confirm the selection by clicking OK.
- Tab back into the game. It might run poorly or appear sluggish; this is normal due to the restricted core affinity.
- Return to the Task Manager, right-click on
armoredcore6.exeagain, and choose “Set affinity.”
- This time, recheck all cores to restore full CPU utilization.
2. Clean Standby Memory
Unused memory on your system can cause performance issues. Cleaning the standby memory might help alleviate stuttering:
- Launch the game and allow it to run for a few minutes.
- Alt-tab out of the game and open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc).
- Go to the “Performance” tab and click on “Memory.”
- Click on “Clear Standby” at the bottom.
3. Update Graphics Drivers
Outdated graphics drivers can often lead to stuttering and other performance issues. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date by visiting the website of your GPU manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) and downloading the latest drivers.
4. Enable High-Performance Power Plan
Ensuring your PC is operating at peak performance can have a significant impact on game stability. Enable the High-Performance power plan:
- Right-click on the Start button and select “Power Options.”
- Choose the High-Performance power plan.
5. Turn On Game Mode
Windows 10’s Game Mode optimizes your PC for gaming, potentially reducing stuttering:
- Press Win + G to open the Xbox Game Bar.
- Click on the gear icon to open settings.
- Toggle on “Game Mode.”
6. Disable Background Apps
Background applications, even seemingly harmless ones, can interfere with game performance. Disable unnecessary apps, including Discord:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select “Task Manager.”
- Go to the “Processes” tab and close unnecessary background applications.
7. Verify Antivirus Exclusions
Sometimes, antivirus software can mistakenly block or hinder game performance. Ensure Armored Core VI is excluded from your antivirus scans:
- Open your antivirus software.
- Add an exclusion for the game’s installation folder.
8. Lower Graphics Settings
If your system is struggling to keep up with high graphics settings, lowering them can help reduce stuttering:
- Open the game’s graphics settings menu.
- Lower settings such as texture quality, shadows, and post-processing effects.
9. Confirm GPU Selection
Ensure your PC is using the dedicated graphics card and not an integrated one:
- Right-click on the desktop and select “NVIDIA Control Panel” (or the equivalent for your GPU).
- Under “3D Settings,” configure the preferred graphics processor to the dedicated GPU.
10. Verify Game Files
Corrupted or missing game files can lead to performance issues. Verify the game files through your respective game launcher (Steam, Epic Games Store, etc.).
11. Update Windows
Make sure your operating system is updated with the latest Windows updates. These updates often include important optimizations and compatibility fixes.
12. Compatibility Mode
If all else fails, you can try using compatibility mode for Windows 10:
- Right-click on the game’s executable file.
- Select “Properties” and navigate to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Check the box for “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and choose “Windows 8.”
That’s it for shuttering issue in AC6, if you’re still getting issue then contact the developers for further assistance.