The new region of Paldea in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet is open for players and Pokemon fans to freely explore. In this guide, we will take you through the process of how to choose the best Pokemon for Tera Raid Battles in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
Best Pokemon for Tera Raid Battles in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
The Tera Raid Battles are some of the toughest matches that you will come across in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. You will need to bring out the best of your Pokemon, and if you’re having trouble deciding which ones they are, we’re here to help.
In these battles, your main objective will be to damage the Raid Boss, so you should increase your attacking power as much as possible. Make sure to match the Type of Pokemon so that you can inflict the most damage, and avoid using ones that the opponent is immune towards.
Selecting the right Pokemon is important, but so is choosing proper Damage Boosting Items to equip. You can easily boost the offense of your Pokemon by equipping them with items such as the Choice Band and Choice Specs. You can also enlist the help of your friends by recruiting them as teammates, which is far more powerful than having NPCs on your team.
Below, you can find the list of Pokemon that are great for Tera Raid Battles both for early game raids as well as post game raids.
Best Pokemon for Early Game Raids
- Azumarill: High damage output and good for fighting against Fighting, Ground, Rock, Fire, Dragon and Dark Type Pokemon.
- Gyarados: Works well against Ground, Rock and Fire Type Pokemon, and is easy to obtain.
- Tinkaton: Good against Fighting, Rock, Ice, Dragon, and Dark Type Pokemon and has plenty of resistances.
Best Pokemon for Post Game Raids
- Iron Valiant Valiant: High damage output and good against Normal, Fighting, Rock, Ice, Dragon, and Dark Type Pokemon.
- Roaring Moon Moon: High damage output and good against Ghost, Psychic, Fighting, Bug, and Grass Type Pokemon.
- Scizor: High Damage output with Fury Cutter, good against Rock, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Fairy, and Dark Type Pokemon and has plenty of resistances.