After the day-one patch we got in Wandering Sword, we have another huge update that addresses key issues with the game. The Wandering Sword Update 17 September Patch extends support for a wide range of controllers including Generic Controller optimization and support for Switch, Xbox, and PlayStation, among other controllers. The update also optimizes various other aspects of the game such as Sparring and several other features. There is also a range of bug fixes. Here are the patch notes:
Wandering Sword Update 17 September Patch Notes
The update has been released a few minutes back, so make sure to close the game and restart Steam to download the update. if you don’t see the update, make sure that automatic updates are turned on in the Steam settings. Go to the Steam Library and right-click on the game. Go to Properties and then to the Updates tab. Ensure that auto updates are turned on.
Controller Setup Optimization
- Optimized the default controller setup: Manual configuration in Steam’s External Gamepad Settings are no longer necessary.
This optimization has been tested with Xbox, Beboncool, PS4, PS5, NS Pro, ROG handheld, and 8BitDo Pro 2 controllers. For other controllers not listed here, it should adhere to Steam’s default compatibility guidelines.
- For users using Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers, after connecting two Joy-Cons, navigate to Steam Settings>Controller>External Gamepad Settings and enable “Combine Joy-Con Pairs” before entering the game to ensure proper button mapping.
- While we haven’t made changes to key bindings at this moment, we’re actively planning it for future updates based on your feedback.
- Improved the item reward chances after sparring with NPCs. After reaching an affinity level of 20 or higher, you can challenge these NPCs to a spar, and a victory will grant you 1-3 items from their inventory.
- Reduced the inn resting fee to 30% of the original amount, and introduced an additional confirmation prompt
- Reduced the amount of coins and materials required to craft elixirs
- Removed the 40 affinity requirement to activate the Serpent & Plum Liquor quest
- Improved the rewards for the Deadly Scorpion quest
- Modified Chen Linxi Martial Arts Challenge quest; now, instead of a game-over screen, you can rematch with him
- Added auto health regeneration during consecutive battles in Chen Linxi’s quest
- Optimized certain martial arts techniques for Wei Cunxu at the Gusu Martial School and Liu Xin at Tan City’s Three Mountains (Note: You need to restart from a save for these changes to take effect)
- Adjusted the auto-trigger range for the Medicinal Monkey quest in Wutong Village
- Fixed character positioning after completing the quest to locate the three poisonous herbs in Nanxiang to avoid restarting the dungeon
- Added Fuling as a new gatherable item in Wild Boar Forest
- Optimized tree placements in Monkey Forest for better visuals
- Added an auto-save point before the boss battle in Biyou Forest
- Fixed an issue where after Chen Linxi’s death, the Massacre Mystery quest in Pingkang City could still be accepted (If you have already accepted this quest, you might not be able to complete it. We’ll add in an abandon quest option in future updates!)
- Fixed an issue preventing the activation of a newly set inventory hotkey in keyboard custom settings
- Resolved display issues causing the game window’s title bar to appear outside the screen in windowed mode
- Resolved issues where certain main and side quests didn’t increase NPC’s affinity upon completion
- Fixed an issue where Ye Fei would still be at Lianxin Lake even after missing his quest
- Fixed an issue where Chen Linxi remained in the party even after his death
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Return to Pingkang’ quest where talking to Mo Wen could prevent subsequent tasks from activating. Players experiencing this in their save files can reset the progression by entering and exiting Wudang Sect
- Adjusted the descriptions for certain martial art techniques that were inaccurate
- Removed the duplicate “on/off” options in the V-Sync settings
- Fixed some bugs that could potentially crash the game
In addition, just a quick update on the feedback we’ve received about character orientation in battles, battle speed settings, and description font sizing. Rest assured that we are actively discussing and working on striking the right balance for these elements. We’re dedicated to ensuring your Wandering Sword experience only gets better and will keep you updated along the way.WonderingSword