Phasmophobia is an immersive and spine-chilling paranormal investigation game that has captivated the gaming community with its unique blend of horror and cooperative gameplay. Developed by Kinetic Games, this indie gem places players in the shoes of ghost hunters equipped with various tools to detect and communicate with supernatural entities. The game’s atmospheric design and realistic graphics create a tense and foreboding environment, heightening the sense of fear as players explore haunted locations. Regular patches for the game have contributed to the continued success of the game. Today’s patch note is a step in that direction. Keep reading for the Phasmophobia Ascension Update v0.9.4.0 Patch Notes (9 January).
Phasmophobia Ascension Update v0.9.4.0 Patch Notes (9 January)
The Phasmophobia update went live a few moments back and you can download it on your respective device. The update brings some new things, changes, and fixes for some of the game’s mechanics. Eye Adaption and Screen Space Global Illumination (SSGI) are two new settings added to the Journal. The devs have done a lot with the lighting of the game and much more. Here are the patch notes.
Ascension | Minor Update v0.9.4.0
The Holiday event has now ended, bringing new lighting changes!
Welcome back ghost hunters, we’ve got some news for you.
We’ve received your lighting feedback and we have now implemented several new systems to improve on these areas. With the below changes and new settings, this will alleviate many issues.
- New graphics settings have been added to the Journal (Currently not available for VR and requires a graphics card):
- Eye Adaption: Simulates your eyes adjusting to light or dark areas over time
- Screen Space Global Illumination (SSGI): Simulates bounced lighting; making lighting and shadows look less dark. This may affect performance so there are three quality settings.
- Static lighting has been overhauled in all locations
- Ambient light has been increased
- Light from outside sources (moon, street lights) will now shine through windows
- Larger rooms or rooms with darker materials such as farm houses may look darker, however this is intended
- Removed the Holiday Event
- Reflections will now update quicker and more consistently when lights are toggled on or off
- The brightness slider has been adjusted to 0%-250% and its maximum value lowered slightly due to the new brighter ambient light
- The cursor brightness slider has been adjusted to be 0%-100%
- Moved the wardrobe and lights in the Nursery in Grafton for better lighting
- Adjusted the range and brightness of the passive player light
- Adjusted the range and brightness of several location lights to make them more realistic
- Grafton hiding spots
- The upstairs hallway armchair and nursery crib are now hiding zones and can be blocked
- The upstairs armchair has been moved closer to the wall to make it safer
- Adjusted the player post processing to give slightly more cinematic colours
- Improved performance when toggling the fuse box
- Ghost writing books can no longer be thrown by a poltergeist ability
- Metallic door knobs are now shiny again
- Fixed several safe spots in Willow
- “Deja Vu” weekly challenge now has the correct items
- “Glow in the Dark” weekly challenge now has the Fuse Box as the correct state: Broken
- “Hide and Seek: Extreme” weekly challenge now correctly has 3 evidence
- Adjusted several reflection probes in Tanglewood to stop glowing objects when a light is turned on in a different room
- You can now take a photo of the Sunny Meadows summoning circle
- Motion sensors now correctly show detections on the truck map
- Fixed safe spots in the Sunny Meadows male room 5 and Maple Campsite Storage Tent 2
- The ghost can no longer get stuck on the fallen down locker in the School hallway
- Campsite A and B in Maple Lodge Campsite will now work correctly