Once you are in spectator mode, you get to witness the game through a camera placed on the helmet of the player. This gives you a first-person account of the game, but if this is something that you don’t want and you wish to change, there is a setting to help you fix that. You can now change the camera angle in spectator mode to give you a first-person or third-person view. In this guide, we will see how to disable or change the helmet cam in spectator mode in Modern Warfare 2.
Modern Warfare 2 – How to Disable Helmet Cam in Spectator Mode
There is a setting you can change to turn off the helmet cam in Spectator Mode. Here we will see how to do that in Modern Warfare 2.
To change the settings in Spectator Mode, just follow the steps below.
- In the MW2 main menu, click on the Settings option
- You can find it as a cog icon on the top
- Click on the Graphics option and select the View tab
- The Graphics option looks like a mini TV icon
- Scroll down till you can find the Default Spectator Camera
- Over here, you can disable or enable the helmet camera
- You can also enable the Game Perspective view to give you a third-person camera view.
Having a Game Perspective can help you get a larger view of the field and how the enemy teams work. It can also give you a clearer perspective on kills, maneuvers, and other tactics used that would otherwise be obscured by the first-person camera. But if you prefer to see the match through the helmet cam, then you can leave it and enjoy spectator mode as is.
That’s all there is to know about disabling the helmet camera in spectator mode in Modern Warfare 2. If you like this guide you can check out our other guides as well.