The Call of Duty series can be pretty tricky, especially if you’ve missed a few games. For example, if you last played Modern Warfare 2 and then try to pick up Modern Warfare 2 again, you can feel very lost. According to Activision, the Modern Warfare II Beta will provide players with a much more comprehensive multiplayer experience than what is typical for Call of Duty. This includes brilliantly designed maps of various sizes and outstanding features.
Selecting the appropriate field of view (FOV) in Call of Duty titles is a key factor in ensuring the game is customized to your preferences. By changing the FOV, you can see more of the area around you, which can help you identify enemies that would be otherwise hidden.
But before you go ahead and change the FOV, you should know that a higher FOV comes at a cost. When you set a higher FOV, you can see a wider area, but aiming becomes more complex as targets feel further. That’s why you should set the best FOV that balances the visuals and does not make aiming too tricky. This guide will teach you how to change your field of view (FOV) in Modern Warfare 2.
How to Change Field of View?
You can change your field of view (FOV) by the following steps:
- Go to the Play menu.
- To open the right panel, hit the start button for your platform.
- Scroll over to Settings and then down to Graphics.
- Scroll down to the View section once you’re in the Graphics tab.
- Here, you’ll see the Field of View (FOV) slider with a helpful display on the right side of the screen to help you choose your desired FOV.
- You can also press Show More to change whether your chosen FOV changes when aiming down sights (ADS) or not, as well as how much space your weapon occupies on the screen – options include Narrow, Default, or Wide.
- You can adjust the third-person FOV, but note that third-person matches aren’t available in the Modern Warfare 2 beta.
If you aren’t sure what field of view (FOV) you prefer, you can add the FOV slider to your Quick Settings for easy access without having to enter the Settings menu each time. However, like most modern FPS titles, you can also learn how to slide and dive into the newest COD entry.
Read Next: Modern Warfare 2: All Killstreaks
Looking to change the field of view in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2? You’ll be able to do so when the game releases on October 27, 2022. In the meantime, check out our website or other articles for more information about new features and updates for the game.