Starfield is an action RPG game developed by Bethesda Game Studios, where players create their characters and allocate points to skills and traits. As players embark on their epic journey through space, they will develop their combat skills and face many challenges. With so many things to do and complete, players will be collecting and even trading goods. But sometimes, players wanna keep goods that are not allowed in certain areas like Contrabands which are marked as yellow in the inventory. If players are caught by scanners with contrabands they will be arrested. To prevent the arrest and also have the item, players need to smuggle the contraband into their ship. This guide will show you How to smuggle contraband in Starfield.
Read More: Starfield – How to Hide Your Helmet and Spacesuit, How to Play Starfield on Steam Deck, Starfield – Where to Find Weapon Workbenches and Starfield – How to Craft Chems and Find the Pharmaceutical Lab
How to smuggle contraband?
In order to smuggle contrabands into the restricted area and prevent them from being detected by the scanners, players need to follow these steps:
- The easiest to prevent scanners to detect the contraband is to learn the Deception skill
- Deception skill prevents the scanner from detecting and has a success rate of 50% at max rank
- Players can find the deception skill in the second tier of the social skill tree.
- Players can also upgrade their ship and make it so that it bypasses the scanners.
- To make the scanners not detect the contraband, players need to place their contraband in the Ship’s cargo hold and not in the inventory.
- Lastly, players can also buy a scan jammer which increases the chances of not detecting the contraband from the player’s cargo ship.
The amount of contraband in the inventory also affects the chances of getting caught. The higher the number of contrabands, the higher the possibility of getting caught.
That’s all you need to know about How to smuggle contraband in Starfield. If you find this article helpful, you can check our website for more such guides on Starfield and various other games.