Do you want to enjoy Steam games using VR Oculus Quest 2? Then, you are here at the right place as here we have provided a complete step-by-step guide on how to do it. Undoubtedly, Steam is an incredible gaming platform for PC. It has a wide range of ultimate games also they have a collection of VR games. If you have VR Oculus Quest 2, you will surely be desperate to play Steam games on your VR headset. Luckily, there are two ways to connect your Steam games with your Oculus Quest 2 – Wired and Wirelessly. In both of these options, you will need a very powerful PC system that can run massive VR games and make sure to install Steam and Steam VR on the system. Now, let’s find out the complete process.
How to Play Steam Games using VR Oculus Quest 2
In order to play Steam games using VR Oculus Quest 2, as we have just said, there are two different ways – Connect through a Link cable or connect it wirelessly. Let’s check out the details of both ways:
Connect through a Link Cable
1. To connect through a Link Cable, first of all, you need to download the Oculus app installed on your PC.
2. Then connect your Quest 2 headset to your computer system using your link cable.
3. Once it is connected, the Oculus app will recognize your headset and it will provide a quick performance test.
4. Once this test is verified, a new Oculus link will appear on the homeroom.
5. Then select “Steam VR’ in order to switch to the Steam VR home.
6. That’s it, now you can easily open your Steam VR games from the Steam VR home.
If after closing the performance test, if you’ll see any popup message saying ‘Allow access to data’, you just need to ‘Deny’ and proceed. DO NOT allow it or it may cause disconnection problems.
And also make sure to not use the 3rd party cable as it might not be suitable.
If you prefer to play Steam games wirelessly on your VR Oculus Quest 2, here are simple steps.
1. Preferably, connect your PC to the internet router using an ethernet cable
2. Then, make sure that your headset is properly connected to the fast Wi-Fi network.
3. Make sure to keep your headset near to the router for better performance since the quality of the signal will be degraded if you will keep the distance. Also, you will need the above-mentioned software and hardware except for a link cable.
4. To connect the game wirelessly, wear your Quest 2 headset and they buy and install the ‘Virtual Desktop’ all from your Oculus store.
5. Once installed, put off your headset and sign in to the Oculus app on your PC and then install the ‘Virtual Desktop streamer app’.
6. Once installed successfully, run that app. Make sure to enter your Oculus username and then hit on ‘Save’
That’s everything you need to know How to Play Steam Games using VR Oculus Quest 2. Also learn, How to Take and Share a Screenshot Using VR Oculus Quest 2.