Warzone 2 is one of the most highly-anticipated games of the year. This latest battle royale game has been praised for its smooth gunplay, game mechanics, and improved campaign. However, like many other games, Warzone 2.0 has a few bugs and glitches such as stuttering, lag, and FPS drop, among others. Adding to these issues, lately many Warzone 2.0 gamers are reporting that they are running into an annoying bug Dev error 356. The main reason why the Dev error 356 is triggering is still unknown but there are a few methods you can try to fix this error. If you are also receiving this error and have no idea how to fix it, this guide is just right for you.
Fixing Warzone 2 Dev Error 356
When players receive Dev error 356 in Warzone 2.0, they are stuck on the loading screen and can’t access the game at all. Fortunately, here we have covered all possible solutions to fix Dev error 356 in Warzone 2.0.
1. Restart Your Game and PC
The very first and quick method you can try is to simply restart your game as well as PC and check if the error is eliminated or not. Many players have resolved it with this method so give it a try.
2. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
The first solution we suggest is to repair the game files. To do that:
– Go to Steam Library
– Right-click on Warzone 2.0 and click on Properties
– Select Local Files
– And click on Verify the Integrity of game files
– Once done, launch the game again and the Dev error 356 should be fixed in Warzone 2.0
– Open up the Battle.net client
– Go to the Warzone 2.0 tab and select the cog wheel beside the ‘Play’ button
– From the drop-down menu, find ‘Scan and Repair’ from the menu and click on ‘Begin Scan’
– Once the scan is done, launch the game and the error should be eliminated
3. Delete Cache on Xbox and PS Consoles
Deleting cache on your Xbox and PS consoles is also one of the best solutions to fix Warzone 2.0 dev error 356. The steps are straightforward:
Delete Cache PlayStation and Xbox Consoles
– Turn off the console device
– Unplug it and wait for about 2 minutes
– Then run the game
Delete Cache on Battle.net
– Open up the Task Manager and close down all Battle.net processes especially Agent.exe and Blizzard Update Agent
– Search for the ‘Blizzard Entertainment’ folder which can be found on C drive >> ProgramData
– Next, delete the Blizzard Entertainment folder and it should clear the cache
– Once done, launch Battle.net and then run the game
4. Use a VPN Service
If the above solutions don’t work, try using a VPN service. Virtual Private Network might work for some players and not for others so try it once and check if you are lucky or not.
5. Restart Shader Cache Optimization
The next method is to make sure you have enabled Shader Cache Optimization before starting the game. Here are the steps to follow:
– Open up the Warzone 2 and go to its Settings menu
– Go to Graphics
– Under the Display tab, click on ‘Restart Shaders Optimization
That’s all you can try to fix Warzone 2.0 dev error 356.