Evil West is the latest third-person shooter game developed by Flying Wild Hog and published by Focus Entertainment for PlayStation, Xbox, and PC. However, players are reporting multiple bugs and issues after installing the game such as the game keeps crashing or won’t launch, and much more. Adding to these issues, many Evil West gamers are now reporting that they are not able to use their controllers properly. Is your controller also not detecting or working on your PC while playing Evil West? You are here at the right place. Here we have covered all potential solutions to fix Evil West controller issues on PC.
Fixing the Evil West Controller Issues on PC
According to several reports, mostly Dualsense and Dualshock 4 users are reporting that they are unable to use their controller on PC while playing Evil West. However, the main issue lies within the Steam Input and not with the game. Fortunately, there are a few workarounds you can try to get rid of this issue.
1. Disable Steam Input
One of the easiest methods to resolve the issue is to disable Steam Input. Here are the steps to follow:
– First of all, close the game completely
– Open up Steam and go to Library
– Right-click on the Evil West
– Select its Properties
– Select Controller from the left side
– Click on the dropdown icon next to ‘Override for Evil West’
– Set it to ‘Disable Steam Input’
Many players said that disabling the Steam input resolves their controllers’ issues in Evil West so it might work for you too.
2. Check the Connected Controller
It is also important to make sure you have connected to the right controller. Here is how you can check it.
– Go to the Settings in the Steam
– Click on the Controller and then click on ‘General Controller Settings
– Here you will see your controller under ‘Detected Controllers’
3. For Dualsense Users – Try to Use a Wired Connection
If you are experiencing issues with your Dualsense users while playing Evil West, we recommend using a wired connection instead of Bluetooth as currently, the game has a bug and so many players are reporting that the vibration is not working.
That’s everything you can try to fix the Evil West controller issues on PC.