Steam is one of the giant gaming platforms which was created by Valve Corporation. Through this client, fans can download and play different types of online games for paid or free. In addition, Steam also offers distribution digitally, chat, automatic updates, streaming, etc. However, like other gaming platforms Steam also has its fair share of bugs, issues, and errors such as too many activation attempts, error code E84, SteamUI.exe failed to initialize error, and much more.
That’s not enough, lately, many Steam users are encountering an error 29. This particular error triggers when players attempt to launch any game on the Steam client or when they attempt to upload something from their Steam account. If you are facing the same error and if you want to get rid of error 29 in Steam at any cost, then there are a few very easy and quick solutions. Let’s begin this guide on how to fix Steam error 29.
Methods to Fix Steam Error 29
Before we start the following troubleshooting steps to fix Steam error 29, first you should know the main reasons behind this error:
– If your game account and Steam accounts are not linked
– Some issues in your internet connection
– Interference with your antivirus software
– If you are running any third-party program while playing the game
– Malicious software installed on your system
If that happens, try the below potential solutions to fix error 29 on Steam.
1. One of the reasons behind this error is that your game account is not linked properly to your Steam account. Therefore, make sure they both are linked and you won’t face Steam error 29.
2. The next method to fix this error is to check your internet connection is working fine and stable. You can try restarting your modem/router and then check if you are still receiving Steam error code 29.
3. Sometimes, your antivirus program can also prevent Steam from running properly so try disabling it temporarily or removing the antivirus program.
4. Make sure to close all third-party applications and programs before launching Steam and the Steam error 29 should be fixed.
5. Remove any malicious software installed on your PC. To do that:
– Open your Windows Security settings
– Select Virus & threat protection > Scan options
– Select Windows Defender Offline scan, and then select Scan now
The Windows Defender Offline scan takes about 15 minutes to run, and then your PC will restart and the error 29 should be fixed on Steam.
6. Also, this error occurs because Steam thinks that you have already uploaded a file and in actuality, the file is not uploaded on your Steam guide. If that is the case, try resizing or renaming the image that you are trying to upload. Furthermore, make sure to delete the image which is not uploaded properly.
That’s everything we have in this guide to fix Steam error 29.
Check our next guide – How to check Steam replay 2022.