Minecraft is one of the most successful open-world sandbox games. It was released back in November 2011 and to date, this game has millions of fans globally. However, like any other popular online gaming title, Minecraft also has a lot of bugs and glitches such as outdated server errors, launching the game failed errors, and incompatible with the launcher, among others. Recently, one more error is troubling many players and that error is OpenGL Error 1282. If you are also encountering this error, then this guide will show you what is the reason behind this error to occur and how you can fix Minecraft OpenGL error 1282 with some simple and quick workarounds.
Fixing Minecraft OpenGL Error 1282
There could be multiple reasons behind Minecraft OpenGL error 1282 including corrupted mods, an outdated version of Java, and outdated graphics drivers, among others. However, before you start the following troubleshooting steps, make sure your Mods are updated to the latest version. If you have already updated mods and still you are receiving OpenGL error 1282 in Minecraft, this guide will help you to fix it.
1. Turn Off OpenGL Error
First and very simple solution is to simply turn off the OpenGL error in Minecraft and ignore the message. To do that:
– Launch Minecraft
– From the home menu, click on Options
– Select Video Settings >> Others
– Set the Show GL Errors option to OFF
2. Update Java Version
If you are playing Minecraft with Java edition, then it is very important to update Java on your PC. For this:
– Open Control Panel
– Change the View to “Large” icons
– Go to the Update tab
– Click on the Update Now button
– Update it and close Control Panel
– Once done, launch the game and you are good to go now
3. Update Graphics Card
A missing or faulty graphics card driver can also cause the OpenGL 1282 error in Minecraft. Therefore, try updating your graphics card drivers and check if that helped. Here is how you can do that:
– Right-click on the Start menu button and then select Device Manager
– Expand the category “Display adapters” right-click on the graphics card device and then select “Update driver”
– Select “Search automatically for drivers”. Then Windows will start searching for the new driver and install the driver automatically
However, you can also get the latest graphics driver from the official website of the manufacturer.
4. Update Your OptiFine
One of the reasons why you are experiencing OpenGL error 1282 in Minecraft is due to an outdated version of OptiFine. So, try updating it to the latest version manually. Click here to get the latest OptiFine package.
That’s everything you can try to fix Minecraft OpenGL error 1282.
Check out our next guide – How to fix Minecraft outdated server error.