Finally, Madden 22 is going to launch today i.e. on 20th August 2021. However, fans are already enjoying its early release since 17th August. But, many players are experiencing a weird issue which is a Desync Bug. This error has been interrupting the game since its earlier version Madden NFL 21. This bug comes up specifically during online competitive games. This is actually a severe related issue where it is transmitting and receiving data at a different rate than your computer system and thus, it occurs mismatch between servers and your games. Luckily, there are certain fixes which we are going to present here.
Update 26 Aug: There has been an update on the server end that seems to have resolved the desync issue for some players. While the issue still persists, a lot of players did benefit from the update. Read more about the update here.
How to Fix Madden 22 Desync Bug
Here is a simple and quick step-by-step guide to fix Madden 22 Desync Bug.
First of all, make sure that you and other players on the server are using the same NAT type in CFM and also make sure both of you are using the same IP type which is IPV4 or IPV6.
Now, check out the following guide on how to change the settings.
First, you need to check which type of NAT you are using currently. For this:
1. Press the Xbox button and then select ‘Profile & System’ and then open up the Settings option
2. Go to the General section and click on the Network Settings.
3. Here you can easily check what type of NAT you’re using. You will see these options:
– NAT Type: Open
– NAT Type: Strict
– NAT Type: Moderate
Your NAT Type should be Open to play Madden 22. If it’s not Open, set it to Open. Get in touch with your ISP for help.
Other Solutions to Fix Madden 22 Desync Issue
1. Hard reset the console – For steps please refer to this guide.
2. Ensure that the player you are playing with has the same IP type such as IPV6 or IPV4
3. Ideally, you should both be on Open NAT. If you are not on Open NAT, you need to port forward and open the below ports. To open the ports, refer to the manual provided by your ISP, or even better get in touch with them to do it for you. The steps to port forward vary from manufacturer to manufacturer so we cannot give the exact steps. Refer to this post to obtain a basic idea on how to port forward.
- TCP – 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
- UDP – 3478, 3479
4. Reset the Router – Turn off your internet router, remove the power cable, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, connect the power cable, start again.
5. Test NAT Type – Testing the NAT type is known to resolve desync issues in games and it has helped users in past Madden titles. Here is how to do it – press the Xbox button and search for the Profile and System > Settings > General > Network settings > Test NAT type
5. Server and Internet Issue – The most common cause of the desync is a server glitch or connection instability on the user end. Ensure that the servers are up. You can check the Madden 22 server status here. Also, ensure that you are playing the game on a wired connection. Wi-Fi is known to be volatile and cause desync.
We hope the above solutions have helped in relieving the Madden 22 Desync Bug. We will update the post when we know of additional solutions.