Bungie usually brings new updates to Destiny 2 but unfortunately, these new updates also bring new errors and technical glitches. Many of the Bungie error codes are based on the name of the animals. We have already covered the topics like CAT, Bee, Lion, and Fly, among others. Lately, many Destiny 2 gamers have been receiving a Monkey error code. This is one of the network-related issues and when this error code triggers, players are unable to connect to the servers. Thankfully, Bungie has provided some possible solutions. Let’s find out how to fix Destiny 2 error code Monkey.
Fixing Destiny 2 Error Code Monkey
The error code Monkey triggers in Destiny 2 due to networking-related issues and it can be fixed with some quick methods. Go through all the following troubleshooting steps to fix Destiny 2 error code Monkey.
1. Firstly, Bungie has recommended simply restarting your modem/router and checking if the error has been eliminated. In addition, you can also try performing a power cycle. For this: Simply turn off your router/modem and remove its power cable. Wait for about 1-2 minutes and then plug it back. Once done, relaunch the game and check.
Besides, try using a wired connection as it is more stable and reliable than a WiFi connection.
2. If you are receiving this error code on your console, then clearing out your console’s cache can also help to resolve any connectivity-related issues. So, try to do that and check if the error is gone.
3. Make sure your network drivers are updated to the latest version so that Destiny 2 can run smoothly on your PC. For this: Go to Device Manager >> Network Adapters >> Right-click on your adapter’s name >> Select Update Drivers. Once the installation completes, relaunch the game, and the error code Monkey in Destiny 2 should be fixed.
4. Your next option is to uninstall the game completely and then reinstall it. Reinstallation of the game will make sure to eliminate any corrupted game files that cause Monkey errors.
5. If none of these methods work, you may want to reach out to the Bungie support team for further assistance.
So far, these are the only best possible solutions to get rid of the Monkey error code in Destiny 2.
Read more: How many people play Destiny 2.