World of Warcraft (WOW) has several heroes and villains. One of the best parts of this game is its elegant and vibrant characters. Also, you can create your own and make him as unique as you. However, recently players are experiencing an issue – WOW Character not found error. The main reason behind this error is that the game is not able to communicate with the application server. If you have no idea how to fix it, below is a complete guide to fix the World of Warcraft (WOW) character not found error.
How to Fix World of Warcraft (WOW) Character Not Found Error
First thing first, you should make sure that the server is up and running well without any problem. If the server is down for maintenance or update, you may face this error. You may check the current status of the server on DownDetector. In case the server is down, the problem will get solved automatically once the services resume. Just have patience and wait for some time. If there is no problem from the server-side and still you are getting this error code, then you may go ahead with the following solutions.
Check out the following some simple and easy steps shared by devs Blizzard Entertainment to fix the World of Warcraft (WOW) character not found error.
1. Exit from the World of Warcraft (WOW) completely and then try to open it again.
2. Close World of Warcraft (WOW) completely and then restart it again.
3. On the same realm, create a new character and get into the game.
4. On the same realm, log into a different character and check if the problem is solved.
5. Make sure to close all the other applications running in the background.
6. Shut down your computer as well as internet modem/router completely and start both of them again.
7. Make sure that your internet connection is working fine and stable.
8. Close the Battle.net app and restart it.
9. Make sure that drivers are up to date with the latest version
10. Try to flush off your DNS and then relaunch the game.
Any of these workarounds will surely fix this issue. In case, nothing works then you may contact Blizzard Tech Supports for further help.